Post Date: 11/26/2019
Close Date: 01/31/2020
Manager – Contracts, Grants and Proposals
Do you believe the work you do should enrich the lives of others and improve the world in which we live? Would you like to work in a dynamic environment that values unique perspectives and colleagues who are passionate about learning? If so, we have a place for you at Education Northwest.
Education Northwest is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to helping all children and youth reach their full potential. We partner with public, private, and community-based organizations to address educational inequities and improve student success. While most of our work centers on the Pacific Northwest, our evaluations, technical assistance, and research studies have national impact and provide timely and actionable results.
We are looking for a Manager to oversee the organization’s finance functions related to contract/grant procurement, contract/grant compliance, and project level budgeting, cost tracking and reporting. This position will manage finance staff providing financial support for proposal development, project budgeting, project cost tracking, and financial reporting for contracts/grants with federal, state, and local governments, foundations, higher education institutions, among others.
Supervisory Responsibility: Supervise 3-4 Financial Administrators
• Provide management of the financial and business aspects of the development and execution of proposals, contracts, subcontracts, professional services agreements, modifications, and statements of work.
• Provide expertise and oversight of finance staff on proposal development teams in creating budgets and proposal materials that meet requirements (internal and external) and support the fiscal health of the organization
• Analyze proposal and contract requirements to assess risk and identify optimal pricing methods that meet requirements and Education Northwest’s financial goals.
• Provide oversight of/direct communications with government contracting officers as well as other government representatives relative to financial/business contractual issues
• Ensure compliance with Education Northwest policies and procedures, as well as government and contract requirements.
• Support compliance with the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (commonly called "Uniform Guidance")
• Oversee maintenance of a knowledge base for representations and certifications, and completion of forms and information in the System for Award Management (SAM)
• Develop and lead financial process improvement activities relating to proposal development, contracting, contract maintenance, budget development, project cost tracking, and post project analysis reporting
• Ensure appropriate contract administration processing for assigned projects
• Train and support new and more junior staff in contract administration.
• Support yearly audits and ad hoc contract audits
• Maintain Education Northwest’s GSA Schedule as required for compliance and accuracy.
• Resolve complex contractual issues with appropriate escalation and collaboration.
• Apprise the senior management team of relevant changes in laws and regulations
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Ideal Candidates will possess
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or other closely related field
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in government contract administration including recent contract management
• Minimum of 5 years of experience supervising staff
• Experience with all forms of government solicitations (RFP, RFQ, and other forms) and managing all forms of government contracts (Cost-type, FFP, T&M, and GSA Multiple Award Schedules), including reviewing and understanding pricing, representations and certifications, and subcontracting issues.
• Understanding of accounting
• Proven ability to work in collaboration and coordination with other staff at all levels within the organization
• Ability to work independently and with good humor in a high-volume, fast-paced environment, while prioritizing tasks to manage workload
• Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
• Experience and/or interest working with diverse co-workers and stakeholders and a commitment to equity work
• Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
Travel and other Key Requirements
• Minimal travel required; may involve some local offsite travel by car or public transit, and/or travel out of state by common carrier on an occasional basis
• Office environment, based in Portland, Oregon
Interested in being a part of this amazing and diverse team of dedicated individuals? Please submit your resume and cover letter at https://educationnorthwest.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk03npr/
Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.
Position will remain open until filled
Find out more about Education Northwest by connecting with us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/educationnorthwest and/or following us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/#!/educationnw
Education Northwest is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Complete details: https://educationnorthwest.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk03npr/