Post Date: 02/20/2019
Close Date: 03/20/2019
A healthy community begins at home. REACH provides quality affordable housing and opportunities for individuals, families, and communities to thrive.
REACH is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
This organization believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
The Youth Programs Coordinator implements REACH After School Youth Program for youth of school age and families living in REACH’s Clark County apartment buildings. This position will work closely with the on-site RSC, school districts and partner agencies.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
• Identifies, develops, coordinates and facilitates skill-building workshops and recreational activities
in and near the building sites for youth of all ages.
• Completes all administrative duties related to service/activity documentation.
• Maintains connections with parents regarding their child’s participation in Youth Program activities.
• Communicates with Resident Services staff about parent requests for information and referral services.
• Identify and create partnerships with school district and youth/family specific community partners.
• Assists Resident Services staff with program evaluation process.
• Works with parents to facilitate volunteer opportunities and program input.
• Attendance and participation in regular department and onsite meetings.
REACH employees are expected and required to behave in a professional and courteous manner in doing REACH business and dealing with other staff, residents, and all contacts inside and outside the organization. Profanity, derogatory and abusive language is specifically forbidden.
Specific Job Skills:
• Knowledge of Microsoft Suite
• Ability to consult, train, and involve youth as leaders
• Ability to talk with youth and families regarding interests, desires and needs
• Ability to maintain boundaries
• Ability to facilitate groups and to lead skills workshops
• Creativity in facilitating classes and activities for youth of all ages
• Time management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication (English)
• Willingness to learn about diverse cultures
• Works from a strength based theoretical perspective
• Self-motivated and High Energy
• Decisions are made within established organization guidelines with occasional variation from the norm.
• Errors may result in: additional time required to correct errors, incorrect payments made, missed payment or filing deadlines, additional costs to the organization, incorrect financial reports, resident issues or dissatisfaction, and missed opportunities.
• Position involves a moderate degree of complexity in dealing with recurring work situations.
• Work is reviewed by supervisor.
• Work is verified on the basis of outcomes and results.
• Contributes to the development of new concepts.
• May assist with supervising volunteers.
Education and/or Experience:
• One or more years’ experience with youth development.
• A background or interest in teaching, community development or social work.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
• Contacts are made both inside and outside the organization. External contacts occur with: Residents of REACH housing (adults and youth), volunteers, other service organizations, and donors. Internal contacts occur with all levels and areas of the organization.
• Contacts are made on own initiative and at the direction of the supervisor.
• Contacts made may concern confidential or sensitive information requiring the use of discretion. Contacts occur both face-to-face and via telephone. Contacts may deal with hostile or upset residents.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be exposed to angry, distraught or potentially violent people; requires frequent evening and/or weekend responsibilities. Requires periods of walking, standing, working in confined spaces; requires lifting or moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds infrequently. May require need for shifting of priorities and deadlines. Work levels tend to fluctuate with deadlines. Requires use of personal vehicle, valid driver’s license and liability insurance. Requires work with a variety of age groups.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and readily and effectively communicate. Vision abilities required by this job include ability to effectively see within an office environment, which may include long term computer exposure, and to adjust focus accordingly. The duties of the job are primarily performed in an office environment. There is some exposure to noise in the work environment, which is usually mild to moderate. Regular attendance is required in accordance with a regular schedule established for the position by the supervisor. This position will require some flexibility in scheduling on evenings and weekends.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
The company reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship is “At-Will”. The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Complete details: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=8eac866a-86e5-40d5-83f0-a528b0d6cff4&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US&selectedMenuKey=CurrentOpenings