Post Date: 06/21/2019
Close Date: 07/21/2019
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare, one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care and who are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and who are expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
This is a full time position (40 hours/week) located at a correctional facility in NE Portland. The schedule for this position is Monday - Thursday, 8:00am - 6:30pm.
The Counselor II provides addiction services to assigned clients, including assessment, development of treatment plans tailored to each client's needs, and individual and group therapy while supporting a Trauma Informed Care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving addiction services, it is required the Counselor II understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve.
- Must be a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC); or
- Must be at least a CADC applicant and eligible for a CADC I and obtain CADC within two years of applicant status.
- It is preferred that the clinician have a CADCI or CADCII.
Knowledge and experience in working with clients involved with gender-specific populations, and clients coming from the criminal justice system preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of strength based case management philosophies and strategies
- Understanding of trauma informed services
- Ability to implement recovery model, motivational interviewing, and stages of change
- Ability to operate computer hardware and software at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Knowledge of accepted treatment practice
- Ability to enter data and retrieve data and to prepare simple reports
Knowledge of DBT and Seeking Safety curriculum for men and women. While having a legal background does not automatically preclude working in a correctional facility, the successful applicant must pass a Department of Corrections background check.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)
Inquiries can be directed to email@example.com