Post Date: 05/21/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Facilities Operations Maintenance Specialist II
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09394
Location: Rock Creek Campus
Address: 17705 NW Springville Road, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Other
Position Status: Classified; Level 18; Full-time; Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: The first two steps of the range are: $3,097 to $3,163 per month. Higher salary placement may be available based on qualifications, experience and internal equity.
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
Zone 3 Facilities Maintenance also has a job opening for a FOMS II position, which will serve Rock Creek and Willow Creek.
Hours: 10am to 6:30 pm Monday to Friday
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
- Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of Sick Leave per month
- 24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs standard intermediate-level preventative maintenance on building systems, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and control systems and related components; tests system competency and component devices and evaluates performance. Participates in developing preventative maintenance plans.
- Repairs and maintains facilities structures; performs repairs and replacements of standard building systems and components, such as plumbing, door hardware, fire, life and safety protection equipment/systems, sprinkler systems. Constructs and maintains indoor/ outdoor facilities, fans, lights and related equipment.
- Maintains induction and air handling units; cleans and inspects equipment, completes filter changes, lubricates, maintains and services mechanical and refrigeration and/or cooling systems.
- Performs maintenance of pool water sanitation and related pool environment equipment.
- Performs and assists with repair and installation of waste, vent, and domestic water distribution systems. May assist with welding or fabricating plates, brackets or needed devices.
- Performs routine servicing and preventative maintenance on small motorized equipment engines and performs preventative maintenance on automotive vehicles.
- Performs electronic record keeping related to preventative maintenance and repair so that Facilities Management Services division makes most efficient and effective use of computerized maintenance management and service request systems; tracks and closes assigned work orders.
- Accesses and makes basic adjustments to computerized control systems, such as for lighting or energy management systems.
- Guides less-skilled staff during shared work assignments, including providing instruction on tools, work processes and techniques.
- Maintains a working knowledge of materials, systems and code requirements related to maintenance of college facilities.
- Responds to college emergencies and closures including adverse weather to be certain that all facilities are protected and remain operational. Assists with tasks required in preparing to open campuses after a closure including snow and ice removal, systems and equipment checks and start-up operations as assigned.
- Knows and understands all safety procedures of the college. Trains less-skilled staff on safety procedures related to shared work tasks. Assists in structural safety inspections.
- Operates a college vehicle and is responsible for its safe operation and reporting any observed maintenance needs.
- Maintains appropriate records and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:
Note: Experience requirements use full-time equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of experience in facilities maintenance or repair (two years of education or training, or an Associate's Degree, in the facilities maintenance trades may substitute for two years of the required work experience).
- Must have a valid driver's license for operation of a motor vehicle in Oregon and possess an acceptable driving record.
- Forklift driver certification required within six months of employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of: Power and hand tools commonly used in facilities maintenance; record keeping techniques, including use of automated recordkeeping systems; workplace health and safety procedures; use of personal computers such as to use automated recordkeeping tools, automated system controls, and email; basic customer service practices.
Skill in: Computer use to maintain logs and inventories; respond to service requests and emails; manage work orders in the computerized maintenance management system; access automated control systems.
Ability to: Use a variety of tools and power equipment; maintain records and reports in computerized and written formats; effectively use email and automated calendaring systems; make arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately; comply with health and safety regulations; work independently with minimal supervision; plan daily work tasks efficiently; understand and follow oral and written directions; work from blue prints, shop drawings and sketches; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors with exposure to various weather conditions. May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions, noise and temperature extremes. Position involves frequent bending, standing, kneeling, climbing ladders, reaching below and above shoulders, and lifting objects weighing up to 50 lbs. while performing job duties. Wrist, hand and finger dexterity is required to operate various equipment and materials
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please clarify in your application materials the experiences, successes and techniques evidencing how you bring these strengths:
- Special/Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with hot-water boilers.
- Experience with chilled process water.
- Experience relating to maintenance of small A/C VRF systems.
- Experience in commercial tenant improvement activities and carpentry.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position, please submit:
1. Completed online application
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Applicants selected for further consideration may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Notes to Applicant:
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1225108
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1225108