Post Date: 02/12/2020
Close Date: 03/31/2020
Northwest Housing Alternatives (NHA), a dynamic non-profit affordable housing development and service organization, is seeking a Community Engagement Coordinator to support NHA's mission to create opportunity through housing. The position requires a bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of three years of volunteer management and community outreach experience with a track record of success. A successful candidate should be versatile, flexible and self-motivated, with a positive attitude and willingness to contribute to a teamwork environment.
The Community Engagement Coordinator will work to deepen relationships with community partners and volunteers by coordinating engagement opportunities that enrich NHA programs. Activities will include establishing annual volunteer opportunities, volunteer recruitment and tracking, establishing homework clubs at NHA properties, coordinating toy and supply drives and hosting an annual donor/volunteer appreciation event, as well as contributing to the overall goals of the Resource Development Department.
This position will be part of the four-person Resource Development team and report to the Director of Philanthropy and Resource Development. This position is a full-time position with a starting salary range of $40,000 to $50,000 annually, depending on experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Create and maintain positive relationships between NHA and community partners and volunteers.
• Create, oversee and implement Homework Clubs at NHA Properties
• Support the overall department goals especially during the time of events and campaigns.
• Create and implement a yearly work calendar.
• Oversee and grow annual toy and supply drives.
• Recruit and manage NHA volunteers.
• Manage the Annie Ross House Registry
• Create a volunteer tracking system.
• Work with program staff to assist with weekly youth activities for Walsh Commons and the Annie Ross House.
• Create and manage 4 community engagement events annually.
• Implementation of an annual volunteer and donor appreciation event.
• Recruit and oversee volunteers for our two annual fundraisers, Home Sweet Home and the Lake Run
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of volunteer and community engagement experience with a proven track record of success.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Experience with volunteer recruitment and tracking.
• Experience with event planning and coordination.
• Experience community outreach.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
• Ability to work well in partnership with staff, volunteers, funders and the board of directors.
• Flexibility during peak periods and ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record and transportation required.
About Northwest Housing Alternatives
For over 35 years, Northwest Housing Alternatives (NHA) has been a leading not-for-profit developer of affordable housing in Oregon. Our mission is to create opportunity through housing by developing, building, and managing rental housing designed for Oregonians with extremely limited incomes. These homes help families live healthy and stable lives, allow older adults to age in place, and give people with special needs a dignified residence. Along with providing affordable housing, NHA provides services that connect tenants to critical health and community resources, work to prevent homelessness before it begins, and offer emergency shelter and services for families experiencing homelessness.
NHA is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive environment and is actively seeking to recruit a diverse applicant pool. We strive to hire a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens everything we do. NHA offers a great work environment having been awarded “100 Best Nonprofits to work for in Oregon” again in 2019. This is a great opportunity to work with a team of dedicated and passionate coworkers.
NHA provides a full range of benefits, including but not limited to the following:
• Excellent health coverage through Kaiser Permanente, including multiple medical and dental plan options; NHA contributes 100% of the cost of coverage for the employee each year, plus an additional $250/month if the employee adds dependents. Alternative care and vision included in some plans.
• 7% match, after the first year of employment, for our 403(b) plan with T. Rowe Price
• Generous vacation and sick leave
• 4 weeks of paid parental leave
Northwest Housing Alternatives is committed to supporting a diverse workforce and does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
Complete details: https://nwhousing.sutihr.com/jobs