Post Date: 05/13/2020
Close Date: 06/02/2020
Operations and Policy Analyst 4 – Urban Mobility Economic Equity Manager
Oregon Department of Transportation
Operations – Urban Mobility Office
ODOT is following the direction of the Governor's Office to help slow and prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are recruiting for agency critical positions at this time using virtual tools and processes such as video and phone interviewing to support social or physical distancing. We are also continuing to evaluate the situation and may extend or place recruitments on hold as appropriate. Current applicants for affected positions will be notified. Visit our COVID-19 web page for more information. For information about the statewide response, visit the Governor's COVID-19 web page.
We are seeking an urban mobility economic equity manager to lead efforts in developing, designing and implementing a change management framework within the construction business line in our office with the potential to examine ODOT’s current construction delivery methods and practices specific to Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) contracting and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) participation. In this role, you will be a policy advisor to senior management, contractors, design teams, public engagement committees and DBE/On-the-job training (OJT) consultant teams
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
This recruitment is open until filled. The first round of screening is scheduled for Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 7:00 a.m. We encourage you to not delay in applying.
A day in the life:
- Identify strategies to increase DBE/MBE participation on mega projects.
- Develop contracting approaches in partnership with project consultants and general contractor to promote maximum levels of DBE participation.
- Monitor key performance measures and indicators.
- Provide policy and program recommendations to management to create an innovative mentor protégé program.
- Act as agency liaison to project consultants and general contractor team and agency staff to provide strategies that will be used to expand the opportunities for DBEs.
- Coordinate with office mega project staff, consultants and general contractor team for effective management of the DBE/OJT Community Opportunity Advisory Committee.
- Act as a liaison between ODOT’s Office of Civil Rights, Urban Mobility Office management, general contractor team and project consultants to identify and address DBE and workforce compliance issues for projects.
- Coordinate prompt pay and commercial useful function audits between agency staff and project consultants and general contractor team.
- Provide insight on alternative contracting method on how to maximize DBE participation.
- Lead and implement the Economic Opportunities Program.
- Research and evaluate issues.
- Analyze project delivery approaches, implementation/operational strategies and synthesize issue areas and provide recommended courses of action.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment with occasional statewide travel required.
What we need:
A bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, behavioral or social sciences, finance, political science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; and five (5) years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work related to project or program management.
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to eight (8) years of professional-level experience related to project or program management.
Driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these desired attributes, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
- Experience implementing and monitoring key performance measures for transportation mega project DBE and workforce with the intent to maximize economic and redevelopment opportunities.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment while communicating with high-profile individuals and the public in a tactful and professional manner.
- Expertise on state, local and federal DBE/OJT policies.
- Strong project management experience in developing and implementing DBE/OJT policies.
Learn more and apply!
- This recruitment is open until filled. The first round of screening is scheduled for Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 7:00 a.m. We encourage you to not delay in applying.
- Visit www.odotjobs.com and search for REQ-40454 to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications and/or resumes through our website.
- For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-986-7146 or email odotrecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Act