Post Date: 02/14/2019
Close Date: 04/30/2019
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens
TITLE: Housing and Peer Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Imani Center
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm, Occasional weekend work depending on the needs of the program
SUMMARY: The role of the Housing and Peer Support Specialist is to establish and maintain an effective workflow with accessing and supporting Imani Center clients in program housing in CCC and outside CCC. The HPSS will be the primary point of contact regarding move in and move outs for the Imani Center Team. The team works to address all treatment needs, including preventative services, crisis management, mental health & substance use treatment, medication management, physical health treatment, peer services, community engagement, accessing benefits and entitlements, and accessing appropriate and affordable housing. All these services serve to promote & support emotional well-being, mental health and healthy identity, in order to engage, maintain and successfully transition individuals in the African American community into sustained recovery and self-sufficiency.
The Imani Center provides culturally specific and responsive Afrocentric approaches to mental health and addictions treatment, peer support and case management. The services at Imani also create honor within the participant, our services and the agency. The Center also connects program clients to housing, employment and benefits support, and natural support systems within their own cultural community.
1. Must have high school diploma or completion of G.E.D.
2. Certified Recovery Mentor or Peer Support Specialist or ability to obtain certification within one year of hire.
3. Prefer Bi-lingual.
4. Must have a high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
5. If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
6. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
7. Must be able to occasionally lift items of approximately 25 pounds.
8. Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use. Cell phone will be provided by Central City Concern.
9. Must possess a current driver’s license, access to a vehicle, qualify as an Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training.
10. Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
11. Must have the ability to complete forms thoroughly, accurately and with legible handwriting.
12. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
13. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles and sexual orientations and treat individuals with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran's status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs