Post Date: 12/27/2019
Close Date: 01/27/2020
Position Profile: Associate Vice President of Exhibits
$90,000 - $105,000 per year
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is a center of excellence in science teaching and learning, and a valued destination for the community. Founded in 1944, OMSI is ranked as one of the nation's top ten science museums, a world-class tourist attraction, and an educational resource that reaches over 1 million people each year. The museum features five exhibit halls and eight science labs featuring hundreds of interactive exhibits and hands-on demonstrations, as well as residential camps and programs across the region.
OMSI takes pride in its deeply rooted history of researching, designing, and fabricating museum exhibits that educate, engage, and delight audiences: we are dedicated to impacting and inspiring the next generation of STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Art & Math) innovators. Our expertise is grounded in research as we design concepts, test prototypes, and produce quality products that are distributed to a nationwide market. OMSI’s culture and high brand favorability positions the organization as a valuable asset to Oregon as well as other communities across the country. We are committed to ensuring our exhibit development processes and products incorporate and address the needs of OMSI’s diverse audiences.
The Associate Vice President (AVP) of Exhibits is responsible for overseeing OMSI’s Traveling Exhibit program and the creation of interactive exhibit experiences for OMSI, OMSI’s Traveling Exhibits program, and external sales clients. The AVP manages exhibit research, design, production, installation and maintenance, traveling exhibit sales and services, and exhibit sales. The AVP develops and implements strategies, strategic partnerships, business plans, budgets and processes to leverage the assets of the exhibits department and meet market demand. The AVP oversees creative vision guided by OMSI’s brand, environmental guidelines, organizational values, learning outcomes, and guest experience. This position collaborates closely with executive leadership and engages in long-term strategic planning for the Exhibits division.
• History of developing new business opportunities, including third-party sales and partnerships, to achieve strategic objectives and support mission-based and financial outcomes
• Expertise in business management principles involving strategic planning, budgeting and resource allocation, and staffing plans to meet market demand and opportunity
• Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, and develop high performance organizations
• Proven track record of managing and tracking multiple projects simultaneously while meeting stringent and overlapping deadlines
• Ability to analyze and utilize data to make sound business decisions
• Minimum 7 years of experience in a related field with experience in a production environment
• Minimum 5 years of progressive management, including staff supervision and budget responsibility
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as a criminal background check and reference checks
• Competitive health benefits
• Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay
We invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team.
To learn more or apply, visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/404504.html
Position closes January 17, 2020.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/404504.html