Post Date: 01/15/2020
Close Date: 02/16/2020
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
CRISIS COUNSELOR III
This is a full time position at 40 hours per week. The incumbent will work Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday with the Gresham Police from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, and will work Wednesday and Sunday with Cascadia's Project Respond team, variable shifts.
The Crisis Counselor III for Gresham Police MHT provides mobile crisis response, risk assessment and crisis stabilization planning for adults, children and families within the city of Gresham. This position works as part of a team within Gresham Police and approaches work with people from a trauma-informed, strength-based, perspective and works in concert with programs in Multnomah County’s Acute Care Continuum. The Mental Health Team Clinician position works collaboratively with mental health and physical health care providers, police agencies, emergency departments, school personnel, and other social service agencies to assure the best possible treatment for clients.
- Must possess a Master’s Degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university. Demonstrate the competencies to become credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP). Note: All QMHP qualified positions in the state of Oregon will need to be filled by candidates who are officially QMHP certified through MHACBO. For more details, contact MHACBO (www.mhacbo.org)
- Equivalent combination of education/experience preferably in a non-profit organization preferred
- Conduct a Mental Status assessment and formulate a diagnosis according to the most current DSM criteria
- Advanced knowledge of risk assessment and crisis intervention
- Understand evidence-based practices, and strength-based case management philosophies and strategies including trauma-informed care
- Operate computer hardware and software at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Must pass Gresham Police background check.
- Ability to perform CPR, First Aid, and properly use AED equipment. CPR/ First Aid certifications are required and must remain current.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, three year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course. This position requires the ability to drive a personal or company vehicle for the completion of work duties.
Cascadia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, or age.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position