Post Date: 05/22/2019
Close Date: 06/24/2019
Clark College is currently accepting applications for the position of Director of Athletics, a full-time 12-month administrative position. This position reports to the Vice President of Student Affairs and is responsible for planning, implementing, coordinating, and assessing a high quality intercollegiate athletics program with a focus on student success. This position provides leadership and management in developing, implementing, and evaluating operational plans to enhance student athlete retention, community relationships, staff development, marketing and public relations, Title IX compliance, scholarship fund development, and facilities.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, Core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure compliance with policies and procedures set forth by the College, the Northwest Athletic Conference (NWAC), and state and federal agencies.
• Fundraise to support the Athletic Department by developing relationships with community stake holders and requesting philanthropic and sponsorship gifts in concert with Clark College Foundation.
• Collaborate with the Vice President to implement program improvements.
• Develop budget projections and funding requests for all sports, monitor budget status, administer equipment purchasing for all sports, and maintain inventory controls.
• Supervise the scheduling of all athletic contests and practices; oversee travel arrangements; coordinate officiating; provide supervision at all home athletic events, including assisting visiting teams and serving as event safety coordinator.
• Determine and award tuition-assistance scholarships in accordance with NWAC regulations and College availability; collaborate with Clark College Foundation to develop and implement fundraising activities.
• Hire, supervise, and evaluate all Athletic Department personnel.
• Assist head coaches with student recruitment and student admissions processes and, in coordination with the College registrar, complete required student athlete eligibility reports.
• Monitor the academic success and progress of student athletes.
• Engage in and promote shared governance.
• Serve as official spokesperson for the Athletic Department, marketing and promoting all College athletic programs.
• Coordinate use of athletic facilities, including the sports fields, with the Health and Physical Education staff. Monitor facilities and make recommendations for improvements to ensure safety and compliance.
• Serve as one of two athletic commissioners to NWAC and serve as the Chair of the Clark College Athletics Hall of Fame Committee.
• Maintain and update College policies, procedures, and guidelines that pertain to the administration of the athletic programs; provide annual reports required for compliance with state and federal agencies.
• Ensure compliance with Chapter 28B.110 RCW and Title IX pertaining to gender equity in athletics.
Other Work Responsibilities:
• Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep informed of latest trends in field of expertise and areas responsibilities.
• Create a safe, bias-free working environment, which engenders respect for differences.
• Conduct self in a professional manner and ensure that all interactions are courteous, efficient and supportive of the college’s values.
• Provide leadership in accordance with the Vision, Values, and Core themes established by the college to achieve mission fulfillment.
• Perform additional duties and responsibilities as may be required.
• Possess a strong desire to build and maintain positive relationships with instructional colleagues, staff, administrators, and students.
• Perform actions that demonstrate accountability. Practice within legal and ethical guidelines.
• Possess demonstrated leadership experience and the ability to take initiative.
• Comfortable using and introducing technology to reach students and increase efficiency.
• Communicate effectively orally and in writing, including the ability to engage in one-on-one settings and in public forums.
• Exercise effective problem-solving abilities, especially in cases requiring quick action and resolution.
• Exhibit comfort in interpersonal interactions and a willingness to request philanthropic support.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Two years of athletic management experience.
• Demonstrated experience with budget management.
• Experience supervising professional staff.
• Demonstrated commitment to access and equity.
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
• Strong planning and organization skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Available to travel, work evenings and weekends.
• Master’s Degree.
• Bilingual skills.
• Experience with community college populations.
• Knowledge of and experience in athletics fundraising.
Salary Statement: $73,821 annually
Benefits include vacation/ sick leave; medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance; retirement; and tuition waiver.
Required Online Application Materials:
• Clark College Online Application
• Letter of application describing background and experience related to qualifications and responsibilities of the position
• Current résumé
• Unofficial copy of all transcripts/certifications uploaded with online application or delivered to the Human Resources office in person or by fax (360-992-2873).
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., June 24, 2019.
Condition of employment:
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position. Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
May 22, 2019
Complete details: http://www.clark.edu/about/jobs-and-employment/jobs/index.php