Post Date: 10/07/2019
Close Date: 10/21/2019
Pay range: $77,485.20 - $116,186.30 Annually
This position is open continuous, with a first review of applications occurring on October 21, 2019. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply without delay.
This work matters...
You pride yourself on being “in the know” of HR trends and have a high level of technical capacity. You enjoy solving complex problems and love to drive process improvement for effectiveness and efficiency. You focus on building solutions and on maintaining and optimizing Workday Time and Absence ensuring the best experience for all County employees. You can speak in technical terms and can translate those difficult concepts so that everyone can understand.
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of, and support, a progressive and collaborative HR team? If so, your search may be over. Multnomah County is looking for a Workday HRIS Time Manager to join our HR Workday team.
As the Workday HRIS Time Manager, you will be part of the HR Workday team and focus on improving the efficiency of our HR organization through the use of technology and business processes.
You will stay abreast of changing pertinent HR regulations, as well as emerging technical solutions, in order to analyze the potential impacts to business processes. You pride yourself on your solution oriented and flexible problem-solving behavior, which will be crucial in developing process improvement opportunities.
As the technical point of contact for Time and Absence functional area, you will assist the subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The role also supports upgrades, patches, new products and features, testing, and other technical projects as assigned.
You’ll cultivate relationships with business partners across the organization to garner support and raise awareness on proper methods to input data, collaborate and access of reports. You’ll provide technical guidance and apply a wide range of solutions for supporting Time and Absence scenarios.
* Leads time tracking and absence administration providing recommendations to subject matter experts on best practices related to Workday functionality
* Performs regular audits and recommends the development of new audits for data integrity
* Identifies data issues, collaborates on resolutions, and performs regular/operational system updates proactively
* Assesses vendor enhancements and releases to implement configuration and process changes while minimizing impact on administrators and end-users
* Participates in reviewing, planning, testing and implementing system upgrades or patches
* Provides technical support to identify and troubleshoot system inefficiencies and issues
* Create business process documents, process flows, and decision-making documents
* Identifies and participates in continuous improvement initiatives
* Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
* Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Highly organized, with the ability to prioritize and manage time well in order to meet deadlines
* Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discreetly handle sensitive and confidential information
* Possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment
* Attention to detail to be vigilant in analysis to come to correct conclusions
* Be a team player who is approachable and supportive; able to contribute ideas and recommendations
Technology is reshaping every aspect of the way we communicate, work, and live. Excited? So are we. Apply today!
We will consider any combination of relevant work experience, volunteering, education, and transferable skills as qualifying unless an item or section is labeled required. Please be clear and specific about how your background is relevant.
Minimum Qualifications/Transferable Skills*:
* Bachelor's degree (in lieu of education equivalent years of practical experience will be considered) and
* At least four (4) years of relevant experience
* Experience with configuring Time and Absence
* Experience working with (ERP) Human Resources software, particularly with Time code calculations and eligibility rules
* Knowledge of capturing and documenting requirements and business rules for evaluating third party products
* Experience managing multiple small to medium sized projects and demonstrated knowledge of project management tools and techniques
* Knowledge and skill analyzing and creating design and programming specifications for custom extracts based on business needs.
* Advanced communications skills, both oral and written
Preferred Qualifications/Transferable Skills*: You do not need to have the following preferred qualifications/transferable skills to qualify. However, keep in mind we may consider some or all of the following when identifying the most qualified candidates. Please clearly explain on your application how you meet any of the following preferred qualifications/transferable skills.
* Experience working with Workday Time and Absence and have basic proficiency with calculated fields. Workday Pro Time or Absence certification a plus.
* Business Analyst Certifications - ECBA, CCBA, CBAP, or CBATL certifications
* HR Certifications - S/PHR, SHRM-CP/SCP, IPMA-CP/SCP, etc...
*Transferable skills: Your transferable skills are any skills you have gained through education, work experience (including the military) or life experiences that are relevant for this position. Be sure to describe any transferable skills on your application and clearly explain how they apply to this position.
Screening and Evaluation:
The Application Packet:
* A completed online application.
* A resume covering relevant experience and education. Please be sure your resume includes the following for each employer: name of employer, location, dates of employment, your title, a brief summary of your responsibilities, the number of employees under your supervision.
* A cover letter that expands on your resume and provides additional details on your experience.
Note: The application, resume and cover letter should demonstrate your work experience/skills and how it is related to those shown in the Overview and To Qualify sections of the job announcement. Please be thorough, as these materials will be scored and determine your eligibility for an interview.
The Selection Process: For details about how we typically screen applications, review our overview of the selection process page. We expect to evaluate candidates for this recruitment as follows:
* Initial review of minimum qualifications: We may do an additional preferred review and/or send out additional supplemental questions to identify those highest qualified.
* Technical Exam: Allow up to two hours to complete. Some completed online and some in person.
* Consideration of top candidates: We will consider qualified candidates in order of rank and score from the list of eligible candidates. This may include panel interview(s), a hiring interview, and/or additional testing to determine the best candidates for a position.
* Background check and reference checks: All finalists must pass a thorough a criminal records check and reference check.
This recruitment may be used to fill full-time, part-time, temporary, limited duration and on-call positions.
Type of Position: This salaried management position is not eligible for overtime.
Location: Arcoa Building
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm. There is some flexibility with the start and end times and a possibility of a 9/80 schedule.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Multnomah County, we don't just accept difference; we value it and support it to create a culture of dignity and respect for our employees.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran or protected veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available for your reference. Multnomah County is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We request priority protected veteran referrals.
Veterans’ Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans’ preference. Review our veterans’ preference page for details about eligibility and how to apply.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please contact the recruiter below in advance to request assistance. Individuals with hearing or speech impairments may contact the recruiter through the Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing 711.
+1 (503) 9882440 x82440
Application information may be used throughout the entire selection process. This process is subject to change without notice.
Disclaimer: This announcement is intended as a general descriptive recruitment guide and is subject to change. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.