Post Date: 02/01/2019
Close Date: 02/15/2019
Corporate Relations Officer
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
Join the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) team to build and sustain mutually beneficial relationships that generate support from corporations to help the museum achieve its mission and strategic goals. As a member of the team, you’ll participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science, technology and design, and weave a thriving innovation district into the fabric of Portland, that spreads opportunities across the Northwest.
What you’ll do:
• Manage a portfolio of corporations, across the organization, with annual contributions from $5,000 to $100,000+.
• Research and qualify corporate donor prospects and develop and implement tailored solicitation strategies for corporate donors and prospects that fulfill targets for multiple sponsorship opportunities.
• Develop an annual strategy for engaging local corporate prospects to meet OMSI’s financial goals; engagement opportunities include memberships, sponsorships, and capital investors.
• Conduct one-to-one cultivation, solicitation and stewardship meetings with corporate donors and prospects. Write proposals and solicitation materials.
What you’ll need:
• Proven success in developing strategy and securing significant gifts and developing corporate relationships.
• Ability to effectively prioritize to meet goals, work well under pressure with a high degree of accuracy, and meet stringent and overlapping deadlines.
• Evidence of successful performance in a highly collaborative team-oriented organization.
• Superior interpersonal, written and verbal communication to effectively build relationships with people of diverse talents and backgrounds.
• Knowledge of fundraising database systems.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• 2 years of business development experience, preferably in corporate fundraising.
• Minimum 2 years of multiple project management.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check and reference checks.
• Annual salary between $54,400 - $60,000.
• Competitive health benefits.
• Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay!
Want to join the OMSI team? Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/308420.html to apply!
Please include a cover letter as well as your resume. Review and interview of qualified applicants will begin immediately.
Position closes February 15, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/308420.html