Post Date: 11/27/2018
Close Date: 12/10/2018
Deadline to apply: December 10, 2018 @ 5:00 PM, PST
Salary: $59,637.00 - $81,125.00 annually
Are you an experienced leader who enjoys creating an effective and positive work environment while fostering an inclusive and diverse workforce? Would you like to use your skills in maintenance tracking and scheduling in a diverse and growing parks system? Would you be energized by taking charge of maintenance scheduling and ensuring Metro Park facilities are safe and welcoming to the public? If you said yes to all of these, the Metro Park Operations Maintenance Supervisor position might be the job for you!
The Maintenance Supervisor oversees and coordinates the work of Park Operations staff and contractors performing preventative and reactive maintenance for buildings, grounds and facilities located in the Metro developed parks. In this role, you will be an important part of our commitment to offering safe, friendly destinations where all visitors feel welcome.
At Metro, we manage 17,000 acres of voter-protected land across greater Portland, with a focus on protecting clean water, restoring fish and wildlife habitat, and connecting people with nature close to home. We're looking for somebody who shares Metro's commitment to making sure that all our region's diverse communities – including communities of color and low-income communities – have opportunities to connect with nature.
At Metro, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
• High School Diploma or GED and
• Specialized training and experience in building, facilities and grounds maintenance preferably in a public park setting and
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience in building and grounds maintenance and
• A minimum of two (2) years of experience with facility management software and
• A minimum of two (2) years of lead or supervisory experience or
• Any combination of education and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the classification duties and responsibilities
• Current driver's license and driving record sufficient to be insured by Metro insurance carrier
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Complete details: www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs