Post Date: 07/12/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Clark College is currently accepting applications for Cuisine Team Members. These positions will work approximately 17 hours a week (maximum 1050 hours per year). There are several positions available and the hours for these positions are Monday – Friday with varying shifts from 7:00am until 6:00pm (no late night or weekend hours required). Hours can be flexible to accommodate class schedules.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, Core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
• Provide customer service in the open kiosk kitchens: take orders; perform simple cooking including burgers, sandwiches, fryer foods and salads.
• Wash, peel and cut fruits and vegetables; set up salad bar.
• Participate in the cleaning of kitchen and equipment; assure standards of sanitation and safety are met.
• Perform routine clean-up duties such as dishwashing, trash removal and storage functions.
• Assemble grab and go items, including salads and sandwiches.
• Transport food, supplies, and equipment to and from kitchens, dining areas, storerooms and refrigerators.
• Perform related duties as required.
• Knowledge of: kitchen and dining room work; personal hygiene, sanitation and housekeeping practices; operation of standard kitchen appliances and equipment.
• Ability to lift, carry, push or pull weight up to 25 pounds.
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Ability to obtain a WA State Food Worker Card upon hire.
• Willingness to work all shifts – with allowances made for class times, etc.
• Ability to learn routines involved in preparing and serving food; maintain sanitary conditions.
• Ability to effectively work as part of a team.
• Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with others, follow written and oral instructions.
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College Online Application
• Current résumé, including names of two references
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Open until filled.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
July 10, 2018
Complete details: www.clark.edu/jobs