Post Date: 03/29/2019
Close Date: 04/25/2019
Location: Washington Service Center & component School Districts
Salary: Technology Salary Schedule, Range E ($24.45 - $25.68)
Bargaining Unit: OSEA
Start Date: ASAP
NW REGIONAL ESD'S MISSION STATEMENT: In partnership with the communities we serve, Northwest Regional ESD improves student learning by providing equitable access to high quality services and support.
A Support Technician provides hardware, operating system and software support to internal and external users of NWRESD client systems, applications and networks. The technician performs problem identification, tracking, escalation and resolution according to department processes. The technician tracks data, prepares materials, documentation and reports as related to these support duties. The position skill-levels range from beginning to advanced (ST1 to ST3). Level increases are based on quantity, variety and complexity of problems. Position may report to management or team leader.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
1. Ability to work with very high degree of accuracy and organizational skills.
2. Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
3. Education, training and related experience in the support and troubleshooting of computer hardware, operating systems and common applications.
4. General knowledge of the operations and functions of the supported software and hardware systems.
5. Working knowledge of computer utilities and tools required in the support function.
6. Ability to train customers and personnel to operate and maintain the supported software system and tools.
7. High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
8. Valid driver’s license.
1. Provide a positive customer experience as the point of contact for technology support.
2. Perform problem identification, tracking and resolution or escalation of problem to appropriate team member utilizing department methodologies.
3. Track data, prepare materials, maintain documentation and prepare reports.
4. Assist team members regarding records, purchasing, bids, budgets, contracts, and other technology related issues.
5. Respond to basic hardware and application work orders.
6. Enter work orders into call tracking system.
7. Maintain inventory of consumable supplies and tools.
8. Identify and recommend areas of process improvement.
9. Perform other clerical and help desk functions as required.
10. Other duties as assigned
1. Perform ST1 duties and,
2. Upgrade and repair computer hardware.
3. Modify and troubleshoot information system queries up to moderate complexity.
4. Respond to moderately complex hardware and application work orders.
5. Carry out assigned special projects requiring retrieving data from multiple sources, organizing data and incorporating into reports for internal and external use.
6. Establish and implement new or revised system requirements or procedures.
7. Provide limited training of staff and clients.
8. Travel between sites.
9. Develop solutions for problems of limited scope.
10. Assist engineers with installation, troubleshooting and maintenance.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer
NWRESD recognizes the diversity and worth of all individuals and groups. It is the policy of NWRESD that there will be no discrimination or harassment of individuals or groups based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, age, veterans status, genetic information or disability in any educational programs, activities, or employment.
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities may contact the Chief Human Resources Officer at 503-614-1407 for additional information or assistance. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon telecommunications Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900.