Post Date: 05/21/2020
Close Date: 06/30/2020
Senior Advisor – Systems Improvement and Equity for English Learners
Do you believe the work you do should enrich the lives of others and improve the world in which we live? Would you like to work in a dynamic environment that values unique perspectives and colleagues who are passionate about learning? If so, we have a place for you at Education Northwest.
Education Northwest is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to helping all children and youth reach their full potential. We partner with public, private, and community-based organizations to address educational inequities and improve student success. While most of our work centers on the Pacific Northwest, our evaluations, technical assistance, and research studies have national impact and provide timely and actionable results.
We are looking for a Senior Advisor – Systems Improvement and Equity for English Learners for our Center for Strengthening Education Systems. This position contributes to Education Northwest by coordinating and providing direct technical assistance to state and local education agencies to improve systems and outcomes for English learner students. Successful performance of this job requires the ability to collaborate effectively with educators across different organizations and levels of the educational system and with other Education Northwest staff.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
• Provide assistance on evaluating and building evidence-based English learner programs including bilingual or dual language immersion programs.
• Advise and collaborate with state departments of education and local education agencies to identify needs and coordinate technical assistance services that meet the ethical and legal obligations for educating English learner students.
• Lead and conduct all aspects of technical assistance projects, including project planning and coordination.
• Coordinate projects and efforts with the Education Northwest English learner program development team.
• Collaborate with other Education Northwest staff to design and develop new products and services based on research and evidence such as professional learning on contemporary English learner pedagogy.
• Build strong relationships with external clients in the Northwest region by building evidence-based technical assistance solutions to build capacity and resolve problems of practice.
• Initiate and negotiate new and ongoing contracts.
• Write about lessons learned through field experiences to support the implementation of evidence-based practices.
• Communicate evidence based practices to clients through presentations, targeted technical assistance, face to face and web-based communication.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Ideal Candidates will possess
• Master’s degree in education or related field
• Five years K-12 teaching experience
• Advanced coursework or endorsement in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) and/or bilingual education preferred
• Demonstrated ability to build and leverage working relationships with a variety of stakeholders in education agencies for conceptualizing and executing evaluation and technical assistance projects
• Demonstrated experience using data and evidence to drive decisions and actions
• Excellent small and large group facilitation and communication skills
• Willingness and capability to work as part of a team
• Knowledge and experience in designing, developing, and coordinating language and literacy programs for English learner students at the state, district, or school level
• Strong ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences
• Experience working in a professional services (billable hour) environment preferred
• Experience and/or enthusiasm in working in culturally diverse environments with a commitment to equity
Travel and other Key Requirements
• Office environment, based in Portland, Oregon
• Availability to travel with a high level of flexibility (averaging 20-30 percent of work days), including occasional weekends
Interested in being a part of this amazing and diverse team of dedicated individuals? Please submit your resume and cover letter at https://educationnorthwest.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0qvkb/
Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.
Position will remain open until filled
Find out more about Education Northwest by connecting with us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/educationnorthwest and/or following us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/#!/educationnw
Education Northwest is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Complete details: https://educationnorthwest.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0qvkb/