Post Date: 02/06/2019
Close Date: 03/08/2019
At Catlin Gabel School, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work as educators. We pride ourselves on being a warm and welcoming community, and we know our school's success is due in large part to the hard work and dedication of our passionate employees.
Catlin Gabel's dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our curriculum and in our mission. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Applications are welcome from anyone and everyone.
Position Title: Beginning and Lower School Wellness Teacher
Department: Beginning and Lower School
FTE: 1.0 (Exempt)
Reports to: Beginning and Lower School Head
The Beginning and Lower School Wellness teacher is responsible for program and curriculum development, set-up, teaching, and assessment for Preschool-2nd grade students. All Wellness teachers at Catlin Gabel need to be flexible and willing to teach students in other grades across the divisions.
• Commitment to the tenets of progressive education including experiential learning, teaching to the whole child, education for democracy, and inquiry
• Implement a comprehensive PE, Health, and Wellness curriculum based on best practices and national standards
• Plan and facilitate effective, differentiated lessons in physical education and health
• Assess student learning on an ongoing basis and use this information to inform instruction
• Work in a cooperative manner with teachers across the division and Wellness department
• Work with other PE teachers to plan and align PE, Health, and Wellness curriculum and instruction
• Foster a classroom environment where students feel comfortable to take risks, make mistakes, and be curious
• Practice thoughtful, respectful, and effective classroom management techniques which support active learning and promote responsibility, self-management, and positive relationships
• Work in partnership with students and their families
• Maintain frequent contact with families including blog posts, emails, meetings, and informal conversations
• Write progress reports and participate in parent/teacher conferences
• Attend all faculty and community meetings
• Supervise students during recess and other non-class times
• Develop, plan, and supervise field trips (both local trips and overnights)
• Pursue professional learning opportunities, including 15 hours of professional development every year
• Maintain current Child Care Division Central Background Registry, CPR/First Aid certifications, professional development hours in Oregon Registry Online (ORO), and any trainings required by Catlin Gabel’s Human Resources Department
• Participate fully in the life of the school
• BA/BS or equivalent four-year degree in education
• At least three years of teaching experience at the early/elementary education level
• Experience teaching PE/Health/Wellness at the early/elementary education level
• MA/MS in PE and/or Health Education
• At least three years of teaching PE/Health at the early/elementary education level
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx. Applicants MUST apply via the provided link to be considered.
Complete details: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx