Post Date: 05/15/2020
Close Date: 06/15/2020
HCGA Consulting Partners LLC is conducting a search for:
DIRECTOR, DEVELOPMENT & COMMUNICATIONS
COLLEGE POSSIBLE – PORTLAND, OREGON
College Possible is a growing nonprofit, coaching students from low-income backgrounds to and through college to break the cycle of poverty and empower the next generation of leaders. Our model has earned national recognition: the inaugural Evergreen National Education Award recognized our leadership in increasing access to and success in college for students from low-income backgrounds. It also earns top-of-field results: our students are three times more likely to become college graduates than their peers from similar backgrounds.
College Possible Oregon launched in 2013. Now in its seventh year, the organization supports more than 1,700 high school and college students across the state on their path to earning their degree.
To learn more, visit CollegePossible.org.
The Director of Development and Communications is responsible for managing, coordinating and achieving revenue goals to support organizational priorities. This position works closely with the Executive Director, Investment Council and the Advisory Board to lead, support and achieve all fundraising activities through building relationships with corporations, foundations, individuals and the government. This position will supervise the External Relations Team for the Oregon site and supervise the Development Manager, Senior Communications Associate and the Grants Manager. They will lead on fundraising strategy to ensure team is implementing and executing site's fundraising and communication plan including grants, appeals, events, stewardship of current and future donors, and raising the organization’s profile throughout the state.
The Director of Development and Communications is a key member of College Possible Oregon's leadership team, and will be relied on for expertise in planning, facilitation, problem solving and proactive measures. This position will lead on the strategy to achieving site revenue and communications goals in partnership with the Executive Director to support organizational priorities, driving the mission forward.
The successful candidate will be ready to hit the ground running with enthusiasm, fundraising expertise, superior organizational and communication skills, analytical capabilities, and a talent to manage multiple projects at once.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (“MUST HAVES”):
A successful candidate for the Director, Development & Communications position will possess at minimum a significant number of years of relevant non-profit experience with corporate and/or non-profit institutions. This includes but is not limited to the following required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Passion for the mission, vision and values of college preparatory, access and undergraduate matriculation and degree attainment…
• Demonstrated ability and past experience securing major gifts and growing a portfolio of high-net-worth individuals
• Strong management abilities with significant experience supervising people
• Vision and demonstrated ability to develop, promote and deliver positive results for self and team
• Significant commitment to the mission of helping historically underserved students earn admission to college and persist toward degree completion
• Entrepreneurial skills and spirit, with demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Must have a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion with experience in asset-based community centered fundraising practices
A full job description is available by contacting Tracy at firstname.lastname@example.org.