Post Date: 04/15/2019
Close Date: 05/31/2019
Central City Concern (CCC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency serving single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. Founded in 1979, the agency has developed a comprehensive continuum of affordable housing options integrated with direct social services including healthcare, mental health counseling, recovery and employment. Central City Concern meets its mission through innovative outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
TITLE: Insurance & Administrative Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Risk Management
REPORTS TO: Manager of Enterprise Risk Management
SALARY: $20.67-$22.74, Hourly DOE
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
1. Requires a minimum of a BA/BS in a related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Minimum three (3) years’ experience working with insurance, including knowledge of policies, claims, certificates, and renewals.
3. Experience with contracts, leases, permits, licenses, and other administrative functions preferred.
4. High level of PC competency (Microsoft Office, keyboarding skills).
5. Experience with databases preferred.
6. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
7. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, and reach.
8. Ability to push/pull lift/carry 25 lbs.
9. Must be able to climb stairs.
10. If in recovery, must be currently clean and sober.
11. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
12. Must be able to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles and sexual orientations and treat individuals with respect and dignity.
CCC offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees (in regular positions over 20 hours per week) valuing at approximately 30% of total compensation. Benefits include Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage and generous paid time off beginning at 4 weeks per year at time of hire.
HOW TO APPLY:
Check out the full job description and apply at:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs