Post Date: 02/07/2020
Close Date: 02/07/2021
Clackamas Community College
This position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, please submit your application and materials by 5 PM on March 6, 2020.
Description of the College and the Department
Clackamas Community College offers a wide range of Psychology courses for social sciences majors and non-majors. At CCC, the Social Sciences Department encompasses the disciplines of Psychology, History, Sociology, Anthropology, Economics, Philosophy, Religion, Political Science, Geography, and Women's Studies. The College and the Department have a long-standing history of collective decision-making and does so with a central goal in mind - students must come first. Clackamas is a comprehensive community college in the Portland metro area that provides transfer degree programs, career programs, community education classes, developmental education, and training programs for business and industry.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To see full job description visit: https://apptrkr.com/1813545
and interest. Other duties include:
• Classroom and/or online instruction.
• Course and materials preparation.
• Assessment of student progress.
• Compilation of data for routine reports as required by the College.
• Assistance in the revision and development of course outlines, and other materials as requested by the college.
• Attendance and participation in department, division, and college meetings and committees.
• Student advising.
• Engagement in College-wide activities, community service, and project development.
• Maintain professional and supportive relationships with colleagues, providing assistance to other department personnel as need, and workload and staffing levels dictate.
It is expected that faculty members will participate in ongoing curriculum review and development, and course and program assessment activities. As the role of faculty evolves, responsibilities and expectations transform appropriately.
AUXILIARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
May provide assistance to other department personnel as workload and staffing levels dictate. Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
Qualifications The education and/or work experience sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the cover letter/resume will not substitute for the completed application.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• M.S. or M. A. in psychology from an accredited institution.
• Two years full-time teaching experience (or the equivalent in part-time hours), with at least one year teaching human relations, introductory psychology, abnormal psychology, social psychology, or developmental psychology.
• Teaching experience in psychology with a diverse student body such as that found in a community college.
Clackamas Community College is a diverse community that provides equal opportunity in employment, activities, and its programs.It is the policy of the Clackamas Community College and its Board that there will be no discrimination or harassment in any educations programs, activities or employment on the grounds of race, color, religion, ethnicity, use of native language, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, age, genetic information or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
The College also prohibits retaliation against an individual for engaging in activity protected under this policy, and interfering with rights or privileges granted under anti-discrimination laws.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: https://apptrkr.com/1813545