Post Date: 02/05/2019
Close Date: 02/19/2019
Deadline to apply: February 19, 2019 @ 5:00 pm PST
Salary: $18.74 - $23.89 hourly
The schedule for this position will vary and may include weekdays, weekends, holidays, days and evenings. This position is budgeted at 0.75 FTE; hours will vary based on event needs.
Pay range for Operations Lead: Entry rate: $18.74; 6 months: $19.92; 18 months: $21.19; 30 months: $22.52; 42 months: $23.89/hour
The Oregon Zoo is currently hiring for a position that will be part of the Events team. The Events Operations Lead, in collaboration with the supervisor, facilitates requests for events assistance, which may include set-up and take-down for concerts, catering and public events, along with Zoolights set-up and take-down, inventory, repair, maintenance and creation.
Working under the direction of the Event Coordinator - Logistics, this position assists with planning and development; coordinates and performs installation, set-up and breakdown, and supply and equipment needs; and responds to issues. Duties may require consulting with other persons on project concepts and preparing plans and designs.
Under the direction of the supervisor, serves in a lead role over a team of up to 20 employees, including temporary and seasonal employees. Primary responsibilities will include set-up and take-down for concerts, catering and public events, the install and removal of holiday displays, along with the inventory, maintenance, repair and creation of displays. Scheduling, distributing work assignments and ensuring work meets quality standards in addition to performing public events and concert duties. In collaboration with the supervisor, facilitates requests for assistance, addresses quality issues, coordinates operations with other departments, and responds to facility and equipment problems and safety issues.
Serves in a lead capacity. Lead duties typically include new employee orientation regarding work assignments, and supply/equipment locations and use; training and direction on work procedures and quality standards; following up on assignments; and providing input to the supervisor regarding team and individual performance. May participate in the screening and interview process. Assists with scheduling, assigning and overseeing work.
At the Oregon Zoo, we to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
• Five years of related experience, including two years experience leading and directing employees or similar higher-level responsibilities, such as organization, record keeping, facilitating projects and overseeing employees; OR any combination of education and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the classification duties and responsibilities.
• Valid driver's license and the ability to be insured by Metro's insurance carrier.
• Basic Math skills are required.
• All finalists must complete a background check and a driving records check.
Must obtain within 60 days of starting work:
• Emergency and Safety Procedures Training
• Forklift and Boom Lift Certification
• Knowledge of event and/or catering setup and takedown a plus.
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Complete details: www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs