Post Date: 06/15/2020
Close Date: 07/20/2020
Position: Seasonal & Part-time Utility Workers
Department: Public Works
$17.92 per hour.
Part-time and Seasonal, non-exempt positions.
This position is open until filled.
Hiring a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve is essential to delivering exceptional City services and programs. The City of Hillsboro is committed to creating and supporting an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees to thrive. We value, respect, and empower employees as unique individuals with authentic voices and diverse ideas.
Join our team!
The Public Works Operations Transportation, Surface Water Management, and Sanitary Sewer Divisions are looking for Seasonal and Part-time Utility Workers to join the progress of a growing City. The person in this position will gain knowledge by assisting the crew as they work to maintain street signs, install thermal plastic, stripe roadways, repair and replace paint, manage overgrown vegetation, maintain sanitary and storm water systems, and provide traffic control.
The ideal candidate:
• Has a strong work ethic, is punctual, and has good attendance
• Enjoys working as a team
• Enjoys working outdoor
• Has the ability to work safely and ensure usage of proper PPE (personal protective equipment)
General Statement of Duties
Performs a variety of maintenance and repair duties specific to functional area of assignment; performs directly related work as required.
Acceptable Experience and Training
• Some maintenance and repair experience specific to functional area of assignment; or
• Any combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
• Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
• Must be 18 years of age at time of appointment
• Traffic Control Certification is desired
• Ability to attend work on a regular, predictable basis as scheduled
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position