Post Date: 04/11/2019
Close Date: 04/26/2019
POSITION TITLE: ACCOUNTS PAYABLE COORDINATOR DEPARTMENT: FINANCE
OPEN DATE: APRIL 12, 2019 REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF FINANCE & OPERATIONS
CLOSE DATE: APRIL 26, 2019 WORK LOCATION: HILLSBORO MULTI SERVICE CENTER
HIRING RANGE:* $17.60 - $19.36 FLSA STATUS: NON EXEMPT
POSITION STATUS: REGULAR FULL TIME (RFT) FULL-TIME EQUIVALENT: 1.0
WORK HOURS PER WEEK: 40 NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
MONTHS ACTIVE: ALL POSITIONS SUPERVISED: 0
Under Oregon statute, after July 1, 1996, an offer of employment for this position is contingent upon the results of criminal offender information record check, and possibly fingerprinting, conducted on applicants for employment in early childhood services agencies. Applicants who have been convicted of certain offenses or who refuse to consent to such background checks will not be hired for this position. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. Continuation of all positions is contingent upon future funding.
*Note on Hiring Range:
For applicants with extensive qualifications and/or years of experience, the new hire maximum rate may be exceeded with the approval of the Director of Human Resources and the Executive Director. If approval is granted, it will be based upon careful review of the applicant’s qualifications, experience, internal equity and budgetary considerations. The final rate approved will typically never be at a rate equal to or above the established market rate for the position.
In support of the Agency’s mission, contributes to a smoothly functioning finance and operations department to ensure that Community Action demonstrates responsible stewardship of its resources, and that financial and business operations are responsive to grantor and donor requests for verification of expenditures. Responsible for performing accurate and timely Accounts Payable functions and all ancillary tasks.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Preparation and recording of purchase orders.
• Receive and process vendor invoices.
• Prepare check runs as scheduled.
• Respond to staff and vendor inquiries.
• Set up new vendors including compliance with Community Action’s due diligence documentation.
• Verify and prepare 1099’s, Unclaimed Property obligations and various required reports.
• Prepare Positive Pay reports for upload to bank.
• Provide support for funder and independent auditor requests.
• Develop and maintain written procedures for each function performed.
• Actively participate as a member of your work team.
• Strictly adhere to all safety policies and procedures at all times and respond/correct any at-risk safety issues immediately.
• Strictly adhere to agency code of ethics and standards of workplace behavior.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs including regular and reliable attendance and adherence to all company workplace behavior standards.
Marginal Functions and Responsibilities:
• Other marginal functions and responsibilities as assigned.
• Combination of education and experience equal to an Associates (AA) degree in accounting, and a minimum of two years experience responsible for accounts payable functions.
• Experience with integrated accounting software, preferably Financial Edge Blackbaud.
• Knowledge of and experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Ability to maintain accurate, objective and complete records in a confidential manner.
• Ability to adhere to established guidelines and protocols.
• Ability to manage time effectively.
• Experience in a not for profit organization.
• Knowledge of OMB cost allowability and procurement requirements.
Required Licensing or Other Special Certifications:
Required Physical Demands of Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Most work is conducted in an office environment with moderate to extensive phone use.
• Extensive use of video terminal and keyboarding.
• In normal work day, may stand/walk __2__ hrs/day; may sit _6_ hrs/day; may drive __1 hrs/week; may use hands for repetitive grasping, pushing and pulling, typing and fine manipulation _6_ hrs/day; may use hands at or above shoulder level for _1_ hrs/day.
• In normal work day, may bend, squat, and/or climb occasionally.
• Work is light in nature, lifting maximum of 20 lbs.
• Frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
How to Apply for this Position:
To be considered we must receive a completed Community Action Employment Application form. You are welcome to also include a cover letter and resume at your option. Transcripts may be required for certain positions. Applications can be completed on our website: www.caowash.org or you can print off the application to complete or pick up the application form at either of our following locations:
Hillsboro – 1001 SW Baseline St, Hillsboro OR 97123
Beaverton – 5050 SW Griffith Dr, Suite 101, Beaverton OR 97005
Be sure to submit your application in a timely manner. If you choose not to complete an online application, you can send your completed application form, optional resume and cover letter and any other required documents via fax at 503.357.6057. If you prefer to mail your application be sure to mail attention Human Resources at the Hillsboro office address above.
All application submissions will be acknowledged with a receipt notification. If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you.
All current Community Action employees are encouraged to apply for openings at Community Action which they are interested in. For current employees, some qualifications may be met by an equivalent combination or education and experience at the discretion of the employer.
Benefits: All regular full-time (RFT) status positions of 0.50 full-time equivalent or higher are eligible for our outstanding benefits package including:
• Generous paid sick and vacation time
• 12 0bserved holidays
• Medical, vision and dental insurance
• Free life and long term disability insurance
• Medex travel assistance
• Employer-matched 403(b) retirement plan
• Employee Assistance Program
• Rich and diverse mission-based working environment
COMMUNITY ACTION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Community Action is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state equal employment opportunity laws. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Complete details: https://caowash.applicantpro.com/jobs/