Post Date: 03/15/2019
Close Date: 05/31/2019
Are you looking for a meaningful caregiving job? If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect position for you!
UCP Oregon is one of the top 100 non-profit employers in Oregon, and we’re currently seeking an overnight caregiver “Personal Assistant” who will support a charming older woman who experiences developmental disabilities. She lives in her own apartment near SE 122nd and Stark, and she is sweet and caring.
You’ll work one shift per week totaling 43.5 hours per week (40 hours at regular pay and 3.5 hours at overtime pay): 5:30pm on Monday through 1pm on Wednesday. *You’ll also work your regular hours on Agency holidays.
When you arrive, you’ll assist her with her evening routine. She typically goes to bed by 8:30pm but she has difficulty sleeping through the night. Several nights each week, you will need to check on her throughout the night and facilitate calming activities.
In the morning, you’ll make her breakfast and help her with her medications. You’ll assist her with personal care tasks such as showering and dressing. Then you’ll have a few hours to do fun activities, or you’ll have plenty of paid downtime when she is listening to music and audiobooks. She also needs your assistance to talk through her feelings, as she experiences some confusion.
• $12.29 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Holiday pay (double pay for the first 12 hours of any agency holiday shift that you work).
• Paid sick leave.
• Mileage reimbursement if choosing to drive for UCP Oregon.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Be able to pass our pre-hiring screenings, including a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
• Drivers preferred—if choosing to drive for UCP, you must be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), have a current driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, at least three years of driving experience, auto insurance, and a relatively clean driving record.
• Non-driving applicants—must be at least 18 years old.
• To meet the client's personal privacy needs, female applicants will be given preference.
• Experience in the mental health or developmental disability field preferred, but not required.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Caregiver for Charming Older Woman (Outer SE Portland)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Complete details: https://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html