Post Date: 02/13/2019
Close Date: 04/30/2019
Clark College is currently accepting applications for Instruction and Classroom Support Technician I for the Culinary Arts Cuisine program. This position assists Faculty with professional and technical support in delivery of Front of House (FOH) Cuisine Curriculum. Hours are variable Monday – Friday, scheduled between 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, Core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
• Prepare equipment and materials for FOH restaurant lab and classwork projects
• Assist instructor with lecture and lab. May teach lecture lab in absence of faculty
• Assist and advise students in restaurant lab assignments and subject matter
• Facilitate cash handling within the restaurant interfacing with the student and customer
• Monitor student restaurant labs for approved safety and sanitation practices
• Operate and perform routine maintenance and repairs on equipment, instruct students and staff in use of equipment
• Order equipment, supplies for courses, and maintain adequate stock levels
• Three years of culinary industry experience including front of house work
• Familiarity in all areas of cooking, standard kitchen equipment use and maintenance
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite including; Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of purchasing and inventory of culinary supplies
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to assume leadership of a team
• Current WA State food handler’s card, or the ability to obtain one upon hire
• Associate Degree or state certification as Culinary Arts Instructor
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Understanding of curriculum implementation
• Understanding of and commitment to the mission of the community college
• Demonstrated commitment to student learning
• Ability to work well as a member of a team
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College online application
• Current résumé
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Open until filled.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
February 12, 2019
Complete details: www.clark.edu/jobs