Post Date: 03/27/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
HVAC Systems Maintenance Specialist
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09366
Location: Various Locations
Address: Various Locations
Hours of Work: Other
Position Status: Classified; Level 21; Full-time; Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: The first two steps of the range are: $3,634 to $3,712 per month. Higher salary placement may be available based on qualifications, experience and internal equity.
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
Performs skilled maintenance, repair, adjustment and minor construction work in the trades to ensure that facilities are properly maintained and meet College standards. Trains less skilled employees in facilities maintenance trades. Assists Facilities Management Services (FMS) management in planning work, identifying staff training needs, and in project management. Duties may fall into a variety of trades, including carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, energy management, fire-life safety and keys/security systems.
Locations: Cascade, Metro, Swan Island, SE Campus
Schedule: 6:30am to 3:00pm Monday to Friday
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
- Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of Sick Leave per month
- 24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintenance and preservation of campus HVAC Systems, either personally or by involving outside contractors. Refrigeration handling, compressor replacing not typical for this posting.
- Performs inspection of mechanical rooms, equipment at assigned campus.
- Various forms of logging preventative maintenance, and using "Office" software.
- Inspects and calibrates temperature control devices and mechanisms in classrooms, offices and shops; responds to requests for adjustment with heating, cooling, and ventilation.
- Electrical troubleshooting of voltages from 277v 3-ph, 120v 1-p , secondary power for low voltage controls.
- Services, cleans and repairs various filters, motors, pumps, belts and related equipment; maintains appropriate inventory of supplies; lubricates equipment as necessary. Use Purchase-Card and maintain records. Works with other Hvac-Techs.
- Shut down, start up, and preventative maintenance of chillers, cooling towers, and boilers; maintains daily log and follows minimum standards.
- Maintains written log of all preventive maintenance performed on equipment.
- Monitors and adjusts the computerized Energy Management System (EMS) to ensure proper environmental control for assigned campuses/centers and runs daily check of all areas.
- Ensure maximum customer satisfaction with indoor environmental conditions.
- Employee will have shared office space and be aware of good protocols.
- Other duties as assigned. Such as minor plumbing, construction, kitchen repairs, attend safety committee meetings, Confined space activities, other.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:
Note: Experience requirements use full-time equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five years of facilities maintenance, construction, or repair experience in a commercial or industrial setting (two years of education or training, or an Associate's Degree, in the facilities maintenance trades may substitute for two years of work experience).
- Requires a Plant Journeyman License, General Electrician or Limited Maintenance Electrician (LME) License from the State of Oregon OR must be active in a qualifying LME apprentice program and be able to obtain a license within twelve months of employment.
- Must have a valid driver's license for operation of a motor vehicle in Oregon and possess an acceptable driving record.
- Forklift driver certification required within six months of employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of: Power and hand tools used in facilities maintenance; record keeping techniques and regulations, including use of automated record systems; OSHA workplace health and safety standards and procedures; use of personal computers such as to use automated recordkeeping tools, automated system controls, and email; customer service practices.
Skill in: Computer use to maintain logs, inventories and purchasing records; respond to service requests and emails; monitor and manage work orders in the computerized maintenance management system; access and set automated control systems.
Ability to: Use and train others on a variety of tools and power equipment; plan and coordinate work; track and plan preventative maintenance work; maintain records and reports in computerized and written formats, compliant with regulatory requirements; effectively use email and automated calendaring systems; make arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately; learn and apply health and safety regulations; work independently with minimal supervision; understand and follow oral and written directions; optimize efficiencies provided by automated maintenance management and service request tools; work from blue prints, shop drawings and sketches; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please attach a cover letter that describes how you meet the four preferred qualifications below:
1. Current Oregon "Limited-Maintenance-Electrical" License,
(other licenses suitable for work on 277/480 volts will be considered)
2. Experience with DDC Controls for HVAC.
3. Experience with customer service related HVAC calls.
4. Experience with large air handler maintenance and controls in offices or classrooms.
Additional Posting Information:
Additional Posting Information:
"HVAC Systems Maintenance Specialist" is the working title for this position; the formal title in the PCC job classification system is "Facilities Operations Maintenance Specialist III".
To apply for this position, please submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter that describes how you meet the 4 Preferred Qualifcations of the position(attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Applicants selected for further consideration may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Notes to Applicant:
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1193782
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1193782