Post Date: 09/17/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Bond Project Specialist
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09487
Location: Capitol Park
Address: 9700 SW Capitol Hwy, Portland OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Classified; Salary Level 20, Fulltime, Non-Exempt
Starting Salary Range: The first two steps of the range are: $3,554 to $3,660 per month. Higher salary placement may be available based on qualifications, experience and internal equity.
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received
PCC is looking for a temporary Bond Project Specialist who under the direction of the Managing Architect, the project specialist maintains PCC standards to archive Bond related project drawings and documents.
This is a temporary Bond position and ends at the end of the bond, June 30, 2022.
If this sounds like a learning community that you would like to be a part of, and an important role that you would like to play for PCC, please review the minimum qualifications for this position and apply today.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
- Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of Sick Leave per month
- 24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities
1.Works collaboratively with architectural and engineering consultants and internal college users to implement PCC standards and best practices for document files in standardized file formats. Organizes and maintains the inventory of all electronic drawings by project and campus.
2.Provides user access to program software and electronic storage sites for internal/external requestors. Works with other departments to assure compatible and interactive exchanges of information.
3.Utilizes project management software to coordinate the collection and sharing of drawings, specifications, operations and maintenance manuals, correspondence, financial information and other project-related information to ensure timely reporting of information to program management.
4.Operates CAD and BIM software to create, update and maintain electronic drawing and documents. Maintains use of BIM tools and relational databases to support information for space inventory, reports and other college uses.
5.Maintains tools for site maps, evacuation maps, various versions of campus maps and other visual representations of college building and properties.
6.Works with electronic document storage vendor to organize and maintain document/drawing files for bid sets for contractors.
7.Assists management in preparing graphical information and reports for project analysis and/or implementation.
8.Assists Communications Manager and Project Manager at signage user group meetings.
9.Responsible for coordination of way finding signage package. Operates from established signage standards. Gathers quotes for signage packages and selects vendor. Coordinates fabrication and installation of signage package. Coordinates punch list follow up after installation.
10.Coordinates small college District moves associated with Bond construction. Ensure computer/phone/peripheral set-up is complete. Creates and revises furniture or space layout as needed.
11.Develops organizes, and schedules all logistics in the moving of heavy objects, equipment, and furniture in accordance with specifications, objectives, and budget. Communicates move process to end users. Point person for movers on day of move. Reviews quotes for moves and systems furniture installations. Coordinates punch list follow up after moves.
12.Performs other related duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements (Note-experience requirements use full-time equivalent):
Associates degree in Drafting Technology, Interior Design, Architecture, Project Management, or other related degree. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year bases.
One year of experience in project coordination including contracting, bidding, and scheduling projects and one year of experience using AutoCAD in a professional, academic and/or internship setting. Project coordination and AutoCAD experience may be but is not required to be concurrent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- AutoCAD/BIM, Revit and other drafting and design software;
- Project coordination;
- Methods for organizing design and construction documents including documents generated by architects, engineers and other consultants;
- Bidding documentation;
- Project manuals;
- Operations and maintenance manuals;
- Surveys and other legal and pertinent documentation for facilities construction, remodel and maintenance and 3-D modeling.
- Creating efficiencies in project coordination;
- Utilizing computer technology used for communication, data gathering, and reporting;
- Applying innovative thinking to problem solving.
- Work effectively with diverse academic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of PCC staff;
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Communicate technical information to a non-technical audience;
- Meet deadlines;
- Work individually and as a member of a team.
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please clarify in your application materials the experiences, successes and techniques evidencing how you bring these strengths:
1. Prior experience using e-Builder software.
2. Prior experience organizing and managing small design and construction and/or FF&E-related projects under the direction of a supervisor.
3. Prior experience in a facilities management and/or capital projects work setting.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position, please submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter (attach document)* Please state how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications.
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Notes to Applicant:
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1295698
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1295698