Post Date: 02/25/2019
Close Date: 03/25/2019
The Payroll Analyst is responsible for administering the end-to-end payroll process and for ensuring activities are performed in a timely manner with an exceptional level of quality. Responsible for running and balancing bi-weekly payroll each pay period and ensuring all employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
Key Qualifications and Competencies Needed for Success:
• Working knowledge of state, federal and local tax regulations and laws.
• Knowledge and understanding of company policies and procedures.
• Strong computer skills including spreadsheet development, report generation and presentation development. Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of compliance with Leave of Absence rules and regulations.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to communicate and coordinate activities with varying levels of staff, leaders and external vendors.
• Ability to exercise judgment, initiative and discretion regarding confidential and sensitive matters.
• Conducts bi-weekly audits of payroll processing files and data ensuring employees are paid on an accurate and timely basis.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
The Payroll Analyst would have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Human Resources or related field with 3 years payroll experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Processes manual, terminations, and LOA mock-ups for approval.
• Inputs retro salary as directed.
• Assists employees regarding their pay and deductions via phone and email.
• Maintains auto deposit set up/changes.
• Completes system and process audits as assigned, including but not excluded to: Total Pay Card issuance, VOE reporting, 401k loans, etc.
• General oversight of one or more functional areas within Finance Operations. Supports business activities across all Cambia operational states maintaining a high level of work quality.
• Responsible for follow up with the staff on policies and daily processing issues. Makes production decisions regarding outstanding issues that need immediate resolution.
• Reviews department procedures and recommends changes or updates and assists with implementation activities. Oversees user maintenance of applicable systems, works with various internal departments to resolve system issues.
• Assists in improving departmental performance by identifying and evaluating work trends, helping develop appropriate actions, identifying training needs and orienting new employees.
• Recommends actions when problems or issues related to payroll processing are identified.
• Assists in the maintenance and development of desk procedures, policies and procedures. May assist in generating user documentation for processes, policies and procedures in response to business changes and ensures staff are updated on any changes or modifications.
• Performs timely and accurate calculations for termination payments. Monitors and audits Total Pay Card set up and funding.
• Responsible for overseeing quarterly and annual updates to department process documentation. Facilitates partnership in other business areas to ensure their input is included.
• Oversees and responds to all internal/external questions pertaining to daily processing of payroll.
Please apply online at: https://careers-cambiahealth.icims.com/jobs/25168/payroll-analyst/job.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Complete details: https://careers-cambiahealth.icims.com/jobs/25168/payroll-analyst/job