Post Date: 10/07/2019
Close Date: 10/21/2019
Apply online at: www.GreshamOregon.gov
Salary: $50,472 - $64,392
The City of Gresham has an exciting opportunity for a performance driven and customer focused individual as a Rental Housing Inspector Trainee within Community Development.
What you will get to do:
• Perform Inspections of existing residential rental units, residential rental properties and modifications to these structures.
• Determine Compliance with the adopted local ordinance and acceptable habitability standards.
• Respond to and investigate city code complaints and violations related to residential rental units.
• Seek and assure compliance from responsible parties.
• Testify in court by presenting all aspects of code violation cases.
Qualities we are looking for:
• Collaborative: Someone who values partnerships and forms relationships to get things done with other employees, agencies, city officials and the public.
• Practical: Someone who consistently exercises sound judgment and executes logical decisions in conformance with established laws and codes.
• Inventive: Someone who seeks to resolve problems using creative solutions.
• Nimble: Someone who is a quick learner and navigates obstacles with a positive attitude.
• Values diversity: Someone who exercises tact and diplomacy with a diverse group of stakeholders and citizens with respect and dignity.
• Customer focused: Someone who is service minded and can 'step into someone else's shoes' to see their perspective and take appropriate action or respond empathetically.
• Conflict manager: Someone who can diffuse confrontational interactions, resolve conflicts and arbitrate and/or negotiate solutions.
Skills you will need:
Knowledge of or ability to learn, understand, interpret and apply:
• City codes and related statutes applicable to assigned areas
• Code compliance methods and techniques
• Federal, state, and county zoning and land use regulations
• Design and construction practices, primarily in the areas of residential/multi-family construction
• Plot plans, blueprints, aerials and GIS data
Successful candidates will have a basic proficiency (or better) with computer applications and software such as Microsoft Office or Google Docs.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Two years of relevant experience to include customer service and/or construction, property management or maintenance, or code compliance.
• Valid Driver's License
• International Property Maintenance Code certification as administered by the International Code Council (or ability to obtain it within the first six months of employment)
• Bilingual or multilingual in English, Spanish, Russian, and/or Ukrainian (preferred but not required)
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position