Post Date: 10/01/2019
Close Date: 10/27/2019
Volunteers of America Oregon is looking for a Nursing Assistant to join our exceptional team. If you want to make a difference in the lives of disabled adults and older participants by providing high-quality, compassionate care, this is the job for you!
The Nursing Assistant provides a broad range of personal care, therapeutic, health and wellness support and social support for disabled adults and older participants at our Adult Day Center.
Successful candidates have a strong work ethic, enjoy meaningful work, and want to work within an enthusiastic team environment.
Education, Training & Experience:
• Current CNA certification preferred.
• Minimum of one year of experience working as a caregiver in a SNF, ALF, RCF, ACH, or in-home caregiving including medication dispensation.
• Knowledge of principles and techniques involved in dealing with the physical, mental, and emotional health of disabled adults and older participants.
• Experience providing personal care and health and wellness support to disabled adults and older individuals.
• Training and experience taking and monitoring vitals, including, but not limited to CBGs, BP and weight.
• Bilingual English and Spanish preferred.
• Ability to develop rapport and work compassionately with clients and staff of diverse, multicultural backgrounds.
• Collaborative and team-oriented.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Knowledge of HIPAA confidentiality requirements.
• Well-developed clinical documentation skills; ability to write accurate and concise reports using electronic medical record.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and electronic medical records.
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
• Ability to work on feet 90% of the day.
• Ability to pass a criminal background check.
• Reliable form of transportation.
• Current Food handler’s card or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
Compensation: Minimum $14.04/hr + Depends on Experience and/or Certifications. Visit our career page for more details. This is a full-time position with benefits. Generous benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, 15 days of paid time off, 403(b) retirement contributions, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, and other voluntary benefits and discounts.
Interested applicants must apply online at www.voaor.org/explore-careers
If you need assistance completing online application, please contact the HR department.
Throughout our over 100 years of providing services to the community, the name Volunteers of America Oregon has become synonymous with compassion and care. We've earned our reputation through dedication and tireless commitment to helping individuals and families create safer, healthier, and more stable lifestyles. For as long as we've been around, our programs have been changing lives. Some people say they can't imagine doing what we do. We say, "We can't imagine not doing it!"
Volunteers of America Oregon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Complete details: https://www.voaor.org/explore-careers