Post Date: 10/09/2019
Close Date: 11/20/2019
Cascade AIDS Project (CAP), the oldest and largest AIDS Service Organization (ASO) in Oregon and Southwest Washington, is committed to supporting and empowering all people living with or affected by HIV, reduce stigma, and provide the LGBTQ+ community and beyond with compassionate healthcare. Learn more about us at http://www.cascadeaids.org.
CAP is currently hiring for a Chief Financial Officer. The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is a key member of the CAP Executive leadership team, engaged in defining the overall financial strategy and direction of the CAP center, working closely with the Board of Directors, its Finance Committee, and CAP’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The position provides financial oversight, expertise, and leadership to CAP’s strategic mission. They also work closely with the senior leadership of CAP, communicate the annual budget and financial policies of CAP to stakeholders, contribute to strategic conversations and to the overall success of CAP’s mission efforts.
This full-time position reports to the CEO and will work at CAP’s Davis St. office in downtown Portland. Travel throughout the county as well as evening and weekend work are occasionally required.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or closely related field
• Proficient in GAAP principles
• Seven to ten years of accounting and financial management experience demonstrating increasing professional responsibility and growth
• Extensive senior finance experience in a non-profit 501 c 3 organization
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and structure analysis for complex business issues. Ability to comprehend and create financial analysis and effectively communicate the information to executive management and the Board of Directors
• High level of business acumen, including successful P&L management and the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget
• Must possess sound business judgement, exercise professional conduct, understand and follow business ethics and standards, and maintain a high level of confidentiality in all duties
• Ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement; abilities in problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness
• Strong written and verbal communication skills along with strong interpersonal and organizational abilities
• Experience with Federal cost principles and Uniform Guidance Subpart F (A-133) audit requirements for Single Audits.
• Extensive grants and contracts management experience
• Must be proficient in the use of computer spreadsheet and database applications, accounting software applications, and Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and working knowledge of the internet
• MBA or equivalent strongly preferred
• Healthcare financial experience
• Experience working with Boards of Directors and Board Committees
• Experience working as management in a unionized environment
• Strategic planning experience
• Public and private grant management experience
• Coaching / mentoring experience
Compensation: $95,000 – $100,000 depending on experience (DOE) and qualifications, employer-paid health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer matching contribution, 125C cafeteria savings plan; generous vacation and health leave benefits.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
To apply for this position, mail, email, fax, or deliver the following three documents:
1) a complete cover letter (attached as Word or pdf) that serves as an example of your writing and addresses how you meet all of the required qualifications specific to the position you are applying for,
2) your resume, and
3) a completed CAP Employment application (available at http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/) to:
- or –
Cascade AIDS Project
Chief Financial Officer Position
520 NW Davis St., Suite 215
Portland, Oregon 97209
Cascade AIDS Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
People of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
Complete details: http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/