Post Date: 01/23/2019
Close Date: 02/28/2019
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East
Position: Clark County Habitat Store Assistant Store Manager – Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro
Reports to: Clark County Habitat Store Manager
Position Type: Full time, Non-Exempt
Compensation: Starting hourly rate $16.50 to $19.50, based on qualifications, experience, and internal equity. Position includes full benefits package: medical, dental, vision and alternative care coverage; vacation and sick leave; holidays; Short-term Disability; EAP; flexible spending accounts; and matching retirement plan
Are you interested in reuse? Committed to keeping good stuff out of our landfills? Ready to do meaningful work that directly supports affordable housing in the Portland Metro Area? Do something you can believe in, make a difference in the world and get paid for it too: Join our Habitat ReStore team!
ReStores accept donated building materials, furniture and appliances and sells them to the public at a fraction of retail prices to raise funds for Habitat for Humanity’s local home building projects.
There’s never a dull day at our fast paced, exciting ReStores. A typical shift involves loading and unloading cars and trucks, guiding volunteers, cashiering and helping customers with their awesome finds. All kinds of wonderful people make up our eclectic community-people like you who care about the environment and supporting affordable housing. Be a part of the solution! Put your energy and enthusiasm to work for Habitat ReStores.
The Portland Metro ReStores is looking for an energetic, motivated individual to join our professional management team. This position has growth potential, so an individual who is self-starting, communicative, and connected to the Habitat mission is highly desirable.
The Habitat for Humanity ReStore Assistant Manager is responsible for establishing a productive flow of daily operations, ensuring the store upholding efficient, organized, profitable, and high functioning standards set forth by leadership. They are expected to perform all tasks safely and to use polite and respectful communication with staff, volunteers and customers.
In partnership with the Store Manager, an Assistant Manager’s daily duties include, but are not limited to:
• Overseeing store operations,
• Employee performance,
• Volunteer program success,
• Customer service standards,
• Upholding safe working conditions,
• Volunteer and employee onboarding, and
• Carrying out discipline and/or termination in coordination with Restore Managers.
• Assume the role of a Store Manager at the directive and/or in absence of the Store Manager
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Exhibit exemplary leadership and problem solving skills, including addressing unexpected issues and emergencies.
• Effectively guide all aspects of store operations.
• Manage customer and donor issues and complaints professionally and courteously.
• Manage time and work-load efficiently, including timely arrivals and reports.
• Use tools and equipment, such as a forklift, pallet jacks and dollies to move donations.
• Master communication tools, such as telephone, email and 2-way radio.
• Effectively use, manage and teach volunteer management platform. Exposure to Volgistics a plus.
• Adapt to a changing work environment; learn and teach new operations skills as program develops.
• Dress appropriately, have a neat appearance and wear ReStore logo and name tag.
• Other duties as assigned, including taking a leadership role as needed.
• High school diploma or similar, bachelor’s degree a plus
• 2+ years of leadership/management experience.
• Knowledge of Retail and environmental areas preferred.
• Excellent reading, writing, communication and basic math skills.
• Experience volunteering and/or managing volunteers.
This job operates in an open warehouse retail environment. The position is very active and requires frequent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. The employee must frequently lift, move and/or load items over 50 pounds with mechanical assistance or a team lift.
Employment is contingent on passing a background check.
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO FOLLOW THE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS JOB ADVERTISEMENT ON HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB WILL BE CONSIDERED
Application packets must include:
• A complete resume, including dates of employment
• A cover letter identifying how you heard of this opportunity and addressing how your personal and professional experiences have prepared you for this position
• Three references: at least two professional
To apply, submit the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Clark County Habitat Store Assistant Manager’ in the subject line. Position is considered open until filled. Application packets will be evaluated as received, early submission encouraged.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East hires a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Complete details: https://www.pdxrestore.org/jobs