Post Date: 05/15/2019
Close Date: 06/14/2019
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East
Position: Project Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Construction
Directs: Construction Coordinator
Position Type: Full time/Exempt
Compensation: Starting salary range $50,271-$69,123. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes full benefits package: medical, dental, vision and alternative care coverage; vacation and sick leave; holidays; flexible spending accounts; short term disability coverage; employee assistance plan; and matching retirement plan
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East (HFHPME) creates successful homeownership by partnering hardworking families in need with the community to build healthy, affordable homes. Started in 1981, HFHPME is seeking a highly-motivated individual to join its team of committed professionals to help take the organization to new heights.
The Project Manager is responsible for working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely project progress from land use, design, and permitting through certificate of occupancy. The position will work closely with members of the Homeownership Services and Construction departments as well as agency leadership.
Site Due Diligence
• Perform due diligence, including contracting with consultants and engineers.
• Research land and home purchase agreements and related vendor contracts in coordination with agency leadership
• Manage the maintenance of undeveloped properties
Design, Planning and Permitting
• Coordinate selection and manage performance of architects, consultants, engineers, and other project specialists
• Coordinate representation before public agencies and community organizations, including developing and maintaining strong relationships with government representatives and making presentations in front of government entities
• Manage preparation and processing of all necessary entitlement applications and other required approvals in coordination with project team
• Oversee management of design process (e.g. selecting/hiring consultants, working with design staff, ensuring issuance of building permits)
• Coordination of property tax exemptions and SDC waiver application process
• Lead RFP process for assigned properties
• Coordinate work of sub-contractors working on various projects
• Work with Construction Supervisors- review their reports and check sheets
• Correct any safety violations in a timely manner
• In cooperation with site leadership, manage performance of sub-contractors and review all approved plans to ensure all specifications and regulations are followed
• Report to the Director and VP of Construction any necessary modifications of the plans that seem indicated before performing the proposed change
• Manage recurring operational tasks for assigned projects
• Generate and issue regular project reports through company software (Procore)
• Ensure all projects meet timelines and are completed from feasibility through Certificate of Occupation
• 6-8 years’ experience in construction management, including minimum 3 years’ experience with property acquisition, development, and permitting
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Real Estate, Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning or Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• PMP certification, or equivalent combination of experience and education
• Culturally sensitive with strong customer service orientation
• Commitment to affordable housing development and the mission of Habitat
• Experience in real estate finance, and/or planning preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; effective with diverse audiences
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
• Experience in using electronic resources to obtain real estate/ownership information
• Excel at managing multiple concurrent projects and deadlines; attention to detail a must
• Strong organization and time management skills
Employment is contingent on passing a background check.
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO FOLLOW THE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS JOB ADVERTISEMENT ON HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB WILL BE CONSIDERED
Application packets must include:
• A complete resume, including dates of employment
• A cover letter identifying how you heard of this opportunity and addressing how your personal and professional experiences have prepared you for this position
• Three references: at least two professional
To apply, submit the above information to email@example.com with ‘Project Manager’ in the subject line. Application packets will be evaluated as received, early submission encouraged.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East hires a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Complete details: https://habitatportlandmetro.org/about-us/careers/