Post Date: 03/02/2020
Close Date: 05/04/2020
Are you looking for a rewarding summer job—one where you get to work with kids and gain valuable resume-building skills? If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect job for you!
UCP Oregon is currently seeking several “Summer Children’s Support Professionals” who will be supporting children and adolescents who experience various disabilities, assisting them at home and in the community. You’ll get to make a difference everyday by assisting with Activities of Daily Living, such as cooking, dressing, handling money, and developing social skills. You’ll also be supporting kids in attending camps, summer classes, and engaging community outings!
This job is ideal for college students that are seeking a rewarding and skill-building position!
Why This Job Is Great:
• We have work available in many areas, such as Portland, Clackamas, Gresham, Beaverton, Tigard, and Canby.
• We have flexible hours available, during the day, evening, and/or weekend. Depending on your availability, you’ll average between 20 to 40 hours per week.
• You’ll gain valuable resume-building skills such as learning how to implement behavior support plans, using alternative communication devices and assistive technology, and supporting kids to develop communication and social-emotional skills.
• You’ll have the opportunity to plan and participate in engaging recreational and community activities that help kids learn social, cognitive, and motor skills.
• Some kids may need assistance with personal hygiene, eating, and transfers, while others might need emotional or behavioral support. You’re also required to complete weekly progress notes.
• You will need to be available to attend one of UCP’s training classes on either 5/4 & 5/5, 5/18 & 5/19, 6/1 & 6/2, or 6/15 & 6/16 and complete CPR/First Aid training if you are not currently certified for children (UCP will pay for all of these trainings).
• Our Summer CSP staff can begin as early as May and go through to the end of August or September 2020.
• $13.00 per hour.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• High school diploma or GED.
• At least one year of experience working with children or providing support to individuals with developmental disabilities.
• Be able to pass our pre-hiring screenings, including a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
• Non-driving applicants—must be at least 18 years old.
• Drivers preferred—if choosing to drive for UCP, you must be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), have a current driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, at least three years of driving experience, auto insurance, and a relatively clean driving record.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Summer Children’s Support Professional” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP Oregon is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP Oregon at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.