Post Date: 08/13/2019
Close Date: 08/23/2019
Deadline to apply: August 23, 2019
Salary: $20.69 - $27.75 hourly
Are you an experienced and efficient administrative professional with a high degree of technical savvy? Does the idea of supporting a team that works to improve the region's environment through recycling and waste reduction sound like music to your ears? Would you enjoy supporting a team of smart, engaged, fun-spirited, hard-working professionals who love their work?
Metro is currently seeking an experienced administrative specialist to provide and coordinate project management and technical/administrative support for a team of 29 full- and part-time professionals who work on waste reduction and recycling planning, education, community outreach and more. This position performs a variety of essential administrative functions for the division, including organizing and supporting meetings, editing and preparing a variety of documents, purchasing, contract and grant processing, data entry, record-keeping and more.
Organizationally, this position is a member of the Property and Environmental Services (PES) department's Support Services team. The Support Services team delivers top-notch administrative and program support to all divisions of the Property and Environmental Services department. The position is supervised directly by the PES Support Services Supervisor, with a "dotted-line" reporting relationship to Resource Conservation and Recycling (RCR) staff. The RCR division is leading exciting initiatives that shape recycling and waste reduction in the region. Additionally, the department's culture supports learning and professional growth.
Metro hires a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse work force strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
During the selection process, candidates who move forward may be asked to complete a skills assessment at Metro's office in northeast Portland.
Appointments are typically made at or near the beginning of the salary range.
• Three years of progressively responsible experience providing administrative support AND
• High school diploma or G.E.D., OR
• Any combination of education and experience which would provide the applicant with the desired knowledge skills, and ability required to perform the job.
This position requires a valid driver's license and driving record sufficient to be insured by Metro insurance carrier
Preferred qualifications (desired, but not required):
• Bachelor's degree
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite (in particular, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Access), Adobe InDesign, WebEx and Adobe Acrobat Pro (or equivalent software programs),
• Prior experience using the following software: Zoom Grants, Granicus Legistar, SmartSheet, Doodle, Chatter and/or Wufoo (or equivalent software).
• Prior experience providing administrative support to public advisory and/or grant committees.
• Direct experience working in recycling, resource conservation and/or the region's solid waste system.
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center.
1) Electronic application, 2) cover letter describing your qualifications as they relate to the duties of this position, 3) resume and 4) answers to supplemental questions, including attachment for question #3.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Complete details: www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs