Post Date: 02/20/2019
Close Date: 03/20/2019
A healthy community begins at home. REACH provides quality affordable housing and opportunities for individuals, families, and communities to thrive.
REACH is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
This organization believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
This position plays a key role in providing support for all areas of IT. The Desktop Technician will help maintain systems, troubleshoot problems, and provide hands-on support for technology issues for our staff.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
• Provide end-user support, resolving technical issues and provides technical assistance for all Operating systems.
• Provide Help Desk support for desktops, laptops, monitors, wireless devices, printers, projectors, telephones, and other peripheral devices to both local and remote locations.
• Assist in training program for staff use of Microsoft 365 business applications.
• Set up new hires with equipment and appropriate access to the company’s system.
• Provide mobile device management of company mobile phones.
• Periodically drive to remote properties throughout the Portland and Vancouver areas for installation, service, and troubleshooting.
• Maintenance of the business software applications.
• Troubleshoot software issues such as email, cloud resources, etc.
• Follow company policies and procedures.
• Participate in work group/team activities.
• Must be able to adhere to organizational policies on non-discrimination.
• Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic background, religious views, political affiliation, cultural background, life-styles, and sexual orientations, treating everyone with respect and dignity.
• Employee is to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
REACH employees are expected and required to behave in a professional and courteous manner in doing REACH business and dealing with other staff, residents, and all contacts inside and outside the organization. Profanity, derogatory and abusive language is specifically forbidden.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be a positive and dependable team member, adaptive & supportive of change.
• Provide input to problem solving process and possess effective communication skills.
• Pleasant, friendly and patient customer demeanor.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to follow directions and policies.
• Possess excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ability to successfully multi-task.
• Excellent follow-through skills, leaving no unresolved issues.
Education and/or Experience:
• Two or Four-year degree with an emphasis in MIS or Computer Science preferred. (Degree in-process is fine).
• Understanding of Microsoft Technologies – Active Directory, Group Policy and Knowledgeable of networking (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS).
• Expert with MS-Office applications. O365 experience a bonus.
• A+ certification or similar training a plus.
• Experience with Android, and mobile device setup.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• May be exposed to angry, distraught or potentially violent people
• May require overtime to meet deadlines
• May require evening and/or weekend meetings
• Requires frequent evening meetings or event participation
• May use or be exposed to a variety of hand and power tools, chemicals and paints and other construction worksite hazards
• Requires period of walking, standing or working in confined spaces
• Requires lifting or moving objects weighing up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis; up to 100 lbs. on an irregular basis
• May require the need for frequent shifting of priorities and deadlines
• Work levels tend to fluctuate with deadlines of rent receivables, audit periods or during annual volunteer events
• Requires work with a variety of age groups
• Requires use of personal (vehicle*, tools, etc.)
• Must have a valid driver’s license and valid liability insurance
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and readily and effectively communicate. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Ability to climb stairs, balance, stoop, twist, crouch, crawl, lift below and above and above shoulders, as well as the ability to lift a heavier lifting limit. Vision abilities required by this job include ability to effectively see within an office environment, which may include long term computer exposure, and to adjust focus accordingly.
The duties of the job are primarily performed in an office environment. There is some exposure to noise in the work environment, which is usually mild to moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
The company reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship is “At-Will”. The a fore mentioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
*Full job description attached to posting on website.