Post Date: 06/11/2019
Close Date: 07/31/2019
Vista Capital Partners is one of the leading financial advisors in the Pacific Northwest and has become a career destination. Our unique investment philosophy, standard-setting client services, and engaging work environment help to attract and retain top talent. Our core purpose is to build happier and more prosperous lives.
We believe a healthy work/life balance is essential—happy employees provide the best possible service to our clients. To that end, we engage in regular team-building exercises, provide time for employees to volunteer in the community, and offer periodic sabbaticals.
Vista’s continued growth has created an opportunity for us to add a new Trader/Operations Analyst.
This position will work closely with advisors and be responsible for managing investments in client accounts by helping to develop and execute trades. The Trader/Operations Analyst will also support and enhance our firm’s key software applications and systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Trader/Operations Analyst can expect to focus their work in the following areas:
• Monitor asset allocation of client accounts and conduct rebalancing using our portfolio management system (Tamarac).
• Work closely with Advisors and Lead Advisors to ensure client portfolios are invested according to Investment Policy.
• Work with compliance to document and report on trading activity and assist with other compliance-related tasks.
• Maintain all asset codes, rebalancing codes, and model management within our portfolio management system (Tamarac).
• Work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and Technology Team to support the firm’s technology and systems integration.
• Work closely with the Chief Investment Officer and Investment Team to support the implementation of the firm’s investment decisions.
• Produce periodic reports from Tamarac, including quarterly reports that maintain the firm’s composite(s) of performance, to help support the firm’s activities.
• Collaborate with Advisors and Lead Advisors to enter and analyze data in investment portfolio proposals as necessary.
• Identify opportunities for process automation.
We will hire the person who best embodies and embraces Vista’s core values:
• Act with Integrity
Successful relationships are built on trust.
• Strive for Simplicity
Keeping things simple allows us to focus on what truly matters.
• Be Passionate
An unwavering belief in what we’re doing brings out the best in us. Passion inspires and is contagious.
• Demand Excellence
Our clients and colleagues deserve our best effort. Always.
• Enjoy the Journey
A fun and flexible work environment allows our people to enjoy happy and fulfilling lives.
The Trader/Operations Analyst position typically requires the following qualifications:
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment and comfort with taking on significant responsibility.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in investment related field; portfolio management and/or trading experience highly preferred.
• Ability to organize and present data; strong Excel and/or programming skills a plus.
• Experience with Tamarac or other trade/order portfolio management software.
• Experience with Charles Schwab as custodian preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field. Series 65 License required.
Salary and Benefits
Pay/benefits are competitive based on industry standards:
• Salary based on experience.
• Profit sharing.
• Benefits include health care, paid time off, sabbaticals and 401(k).
• Partial and/or full financial support for professional accreditation/continuing education requirements and other education/training opportunities.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their resumes with a cover letter to: Tana Thomson, firstname.lastname@example.org. Mailing address is:
Vista Capital Partners
9755 S.W. Barnes Road, Suite 595
Portland, OR 97225