Post Date: 05/13/2020
Close Date: 06/03/2020
Operations and Policy Analyst 4 – Toll Policy Manager
Oregon Department of Transportation
Operations – Urban Mobility Office
ODOT is following the direction of the Governor's Office to help slow and prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are recruiting for agency critical positions at this time using virtual tools and processes such as video and phone interviewing to support social or physical distancing. We are also continuing to evaluate the situation and may extend or place recruitments on hold as appropriate. Current applicants for affected positions will be notified.
Our Urban Mobility Office is seeking a toll policy manager to support our Toll Program director in advancing objectives included in value pricing statutes and tolling and value pricing policy direction from the Oregon Transportation Commission. As our statewide policy expert on tolling and value pricing, you will guide agency efforts to develop and implement policy, strategic direction and programmatic activities.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
This recruitment is open until filled. The first round of screening is scheduled for Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 7:00 a.m. We encourage you to not delay in applying.
A day in the life:
- Serve as our primary subject matter expert on tolling and value pricing policy.
- Recommend program policies and priorities.
- Identify and recommend projects to initiate, the appropriate partnership strategy, and evaluate the progress of the projects.
- Collaborate with and provide guidance for agency staff and contracted consultants.
- Work with and direct the work of industry leading technicians, business specialists and systems integrators to collaborate with the OReGO team, ODOT, Washington Department of Transportation (WSDOT) and other state agencies as well as with elements of a regional tolling and value pricing system.
- Direct the work of consultant firms and manage and evaluate consultant work.
- Research, identify and recommend potential innovative partnership projects.
- Identify and assess project issues, risks and recommend strategies to manage project negotiation, performance and evaluation.
- Represent the agency on tolling and value pricing policy to the public and stakeholders.
- Work closely with the OReGO operational and policy teams on the intersections between road usage charging and tolling/value pricing.
- Support the program director in leading our engagement with the Western Region Toll Operators and coordinating our work on federal surface transportation system funding alternatives grants.
- Support the program director in coordinating the work of a tolling and value pricing policy group.
- Statewide travel required, including overnight and out-of-state travel.
What we need:
A bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, behavioral or social sciences, finance, political science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; and five (5) years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work related to policy development and implementation.
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to eight (8) years of professional-level experience related to policy development and implementation.
Driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
What we’d like to see:
- Experience developing and implementing tolling and value pricing policies for state or local transportation agencies.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment while communicating with high-profile individuals and the public in a tactful and professional manner.
- Strategic ability to navigate public process and recommend policy strategy from inception to adoption.
- Strong project management experience in developing and implementing consultant contracts for transportation policy development.
Learn more and apply!
- This recruitment is open until filled. The first round of screening is scheduled for Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 7:00 a.m. We encourage you to not delay in applying.
- Visit www.odotjobs.com and search for REQ-40466 to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications and/or resumes through our website.
- For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-986-7146 or email odotrecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer