Post Date: 01/11/2019
Close Date: 02/28/2019
Bilingual Mental Health Clinician
Full Time, Full Benefits
Our Long-Term Group Home is seeking to hire a Mental Health Clinician (MHC) to provide mental health assessments, and conduct mental status examinations, as well as provide ongoing individual and group counseling services. The Mental Health Clinician will also screen for human trafficking concerns and provide crisis intervention services.
This position will work in a residential setting in our LTGH program. They will help youth navigate mental health care as they transition into a community-based environment. This includes referrals, and guiding youth on how to access mental health resources such as psychiatric and psychological services. In addition, the MHC will serve as a resource in helping youth explore and enroll in community-based activities.
About the Program:
LTGH is a co-ed residential facility setting. The youth, typically from Latin America and occasionally other countries live in our Long-Term Group Home, while they await family reunification or other placement options. They attend public school and other community activities.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the MHC will also play a crucial role in the following areas:
• Conducting best practice suicide risk assessments and flight risk assessments
• Providing safety planning
• Providing required documentation, services and external communication for youth on their caseload.
Education and Experience Requirements:
We consider education, training, experience and demonstrated skills. A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties of this position is as follows:
• Master’s degree in social work with clinical experience in the program, or master’s degree in psychology,
sociology, or other relevant behavioral science in which direct clinical experience is a program requirement,
• Qualify as a QMHP in the State of Oregon
• Bi-lingual in Spanish and English, written, read and verbal required
• Must be able to provide mental health services in Spanish
• Licensure or licensed eligible preferred.
This position requires ORR approval; exceptions to the minimum qualifications require ORR’s explicit written approval prior to hire and ORR may require supervision plans and additional training.
• Must pass DHS criminal history check
• Meet agency driving requirements
• Language Testing for both English and Spanish language, when applicable.
Starting Pay Range:
Bilingual Mental Health Clinician: $23.10 - $24.54 (Unlicensed)
Bilingual (Spanish) Mental Health Clinician $25.49 - 26.09 (Licensed)
Benefits and Perks:
Extensive benefit package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. Company provided Life and Long-Term Disability. Paid vacation and sick time. Access to employee resource groups and much more!
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for all of our clients
About our City:
Portland is beautiful city, it’s an art friendly place, a food lover’s dream, with miles of gorgeous hiking trails and is but an hour plus from the ocean beaches.
• Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference job code “MHC-159” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter. Indicate that you’re applying for the “Bilingual Mental Health Clinician” position.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/bilingual-mental-health-clinician/