Post Date: 02/20/2019
Close Date: 03/20/2019
Sr. Product Manager, Education Insights
About this role…
As a NWEA Senior Product Manager, for Education Insights, you will be an individual contributor within the Product Management team and report to a Senior Director of Product Management. As Product Evangelist, you'll be the resident expert on how to apply product data to inform instruction and improve educational outcomes. You'll make sure your internal and external audiences have all the content they need and are kept up up-to-date on what the product does, and how to apply data insights in meaningful ways. You'll drive thought leadership and compelling presentations in both small-and large-scale settings. You'll support our sales team in conveying insights value and methodology to partners, prospects and evaluators. You will also work closely with Product Marketing, Product Managers and Partner Accounts on go-to-market strategy and execution for NWEA solutions. You will also work across the organization to collaboratively develop product/service strategy, define market opportunities, create market and competitive positioning, work on product feature design, and define user needs. for this role, you may work in our Portland, OR. headquarters, or you may work remotely from anywhere in the U.S.
NWEA® is a research-based, not-for-profit organization that supports students and educators worldwide by creating assessment solutions that precisely measure growth and proficiency—and provide insights to help tailor instruction. For 40 years, NWEA has developed innovative pre-K–12 assessments, including our flagship interim assessment, MAP® Growth™; our progress monitoring and skills mastery tool, MAP® Skills™; and our reading fluency and comprehension assessment, MAP® Reading Fluency™. Educators trust our professional learning offerings to accelerate student learning and our research to support assessment validity and data interpretation. Our tools are trusted by educators in more than 9,500 schools, districts, and education agencies in 145 countries.
Your next challenge…
• Support internal and external stakeholders by being the Subject Matter Expert related to applying data, evidence, and research based best practices to inform and improve education and instructional practices
• Evangelize and socialize NWEA products and services, vision and value proposition with internal and external stakeholders
• Proactively meet with NWEA partners (customers) and prospects to assess needs, identify opportunities and build relationships that provide relevant market data and inform product choices.
• Coordinate planning with other product managers and stakeholders to ensure comprehensive market readiness from a segment perspective given market trending, compliance concerns and political drivers
• Assess technology trends, and current and emerging competitors to inform product direction; utilize and gather market and industry research and analysis to inform a long-range product roadmap
• Gather information in target market segments to better understand the problems and needs of potential and existing customers
• Attend key industry conferences capture key takeaways and socialize with the product management team and the organization
• Ability to analyze the needs of diverse group of personas, and subsequently provide compelling and relevant content
• Regularly interact with product user groups, industry leaders and the learning community to stay abreast of industry changes and to influence policy at the state level
• Completes additional projects and responsibilities, as appropriate
• Travel as required, up to 50%.
Traits for success…
• Exceptional communication skills with a proven ability to inspire, influence, educate and communicate both within small groups and large presentation environments across diverse audience types
• Proven ability to conduct research, identify trends, threats and opportunities, quantitative and qualitative analysis and synthesize results into a coherent and logical presentation
• Ability to establish priorities and results within the cross-functional teams at NWEA while concurrently managing unrelated, multiple and complex technical requirements on a timely basis.
• Ability to make timely decisions and produce results
• Consistent, proactive and healthy cross-functional communication skills that motivates cross-functional teams and all business relationships
• Demonstrated ability to drive results and to work effectively across multiple groups.
• Exceptional skills in partnering with stakeholder and staff and in developing and maintaining long term supportive relationships
• Demonstrated ability to operate and contribute at both a tactical and strategic level
• Sound business judgment and acumen and solid understanding of financial issues impacting product profitability including the ability to read a financial statement, manage the P&L of the product, and deliver projected margins and market performance
• Demonstrated passion and vision for educational insights that support high quality educational decisions/actions
Education and experience…
• Bachelor's degree in education, technical or business discipline or equivalent experience; advanced degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Domain knowledge and demonstrated understanding of the area of emphasis and the K-12 educational marketplace
• Extensive Knowledge of and experience with K-12 educational assessment
• Demonstrated 5 years of experience applying MAP Growth data to improve educational practices and performance
Ideal candidates will also possess:
• Experience in product management, product development, product marketing, business analysis or related discipline, with at least one year in product management related to the area of emphasis
• Experience with all aspects of go to market planning and launch
• Demonstrated success in developing and launching complex technology products
• Solid knowledge of/experience with the Product Lifecycle Management processes
• Pragmatic Certification preferred
What we can offer you….
At NWEA we not only offer a competitive base salary, we offer a 15% contribution of eligible employees' base salary to a defined contribution 403(b) retirement savings plan; career development opportunities; an awesome work culture and environment; we also offer industry leading benefits and perks that are focused on supporting our employees' holistic wellbeing. To learn more about what we can offer more, click here.
NWEA endeavors to make www.nwea.org accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at (503) 624-1951 or e-mail us at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information. This is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
NWEA™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/ky3pq8cny27v6k28