Post Date: 02/14/2020
Close Date: 03/01/2020
Please apply through the Oregon Food Bank website
Cover Letter is required
Salary range is $67,500 - $72,500 DOE
Who We Are:
Oregon Food Bank (OFB) believes that no one should be hungry. Our mission is to eliminate hunger and its root causes.
At Oregon Food Bank, we believe that food and health are basic human rights for all. We know that hunger is not just an individual experience; it is also a community-wide symptom of barriers to employment, education, housing and health care. That’s why we work on two fronts in our mission to end hunger in Oregon: we build community connections to help people access nutritious, affordable food today, and we build community power to eliminate the root causes of hunger for good.
Oregon Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our organization. Over and above our commitment to non-discrimination, OFB actively seeks to employ members of the community who have experienced poverty or food insecurity and members of historically marginalized groups including racial and ethnic minorities. Please visit our website to read more about our commitment to equity.
Who we are looking for:
Oregon Food Bank’s highly-motivated Facilities Manager effectively manages Oregon Food Bank facilities in accordance with OFB policy and procedures. Provides leadership to establish best practices for employee safety, environmental impacts, facility utilization, and disaster preparedness. Optimizes facilities and equipment to support mission and maintains assets for long-term use. Manages service provider contracts, is primary interface with (non-food safety) regulatory bodies, and supports other departments and the Network on facilities and regulatory needs. Schedules and prepares for routine inspections and verifies preventative maintenance program is effective and is satisfying quality and budgetary goals. Is flexible and adaptable to a fluid and dynamic environment, and brings a positive, can-do attitude to daily work challenges. Prioritizes customer service and collaboration and can balance competing work demands with composure and accountability for results.
Management responsibility to satisfy or exceed regulatory compliance standards,
including disseminating written policies and procedures related to
non-food regulatory compliance activities, conducting periodic internal
reviews and/or audits to ensure compliance procedures are effectively
followed. Ensure inspections, certificates, and licenses are current and
are properly filed or posted.
Conduct internal investigations of compliance issues, file appropriate compliance
reports with regulatory agencies, and keep self and organization informed
regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices. Assesses
the potential impact of those changes on OFB and recommends corrective or
Direct environmental programs such as air and water compliance, above-ground or
under-ground storage tanks, spill prevention and control, hazardous
waste and materials management, employee training, and disaster
preparedness. Performs environmental hazard management, planning, and
Responsible for the maintenance, repair, and optimization (MRO) of OFB-owned physical
buildings and grounds and ensures they are in safe and presentable
operating condition. Manages service contracts in accordance with OFB
performance expectations and at competitive pricing in the market.
Manages work programs for the maintenance of buildings, including plumbing
systems, electrical systems, alarm systems, mechanical systems,
landscaping and parking areas. Routinely inspects building structure and
determines if repairs are needed. Identifies and pursues opportunities to
optimize effectiveness. Supervises shop operations, including scheduled
equipment setup, preventive, and routine maintenance. Performs capital
asset planning, budgeting, and replacement in concert with Director of
Acts as the safety officer and facilitates the safety committees; interfaces with
loss control specialist at SAIF for workers compensation insurance, and is
the primary contact for OSHA considerations.
Participates in disaster preparedness team meetings, manages disaster supplies and
equipment and overall facility readiness, and supports the Incident
Commander in the event of a disaster.
Responds to facility related emergencies after hours, and ensures team coverage
during planned vacations or work absences.
Full supervisory responsibility for direct reports in all aspects of personnel
management, including hiring, training, coaching, employee development,
performance appraisals, discipline, and conflict resolution. Conducts
regular team meetings to inform staff and to facilitate operational improvements.
Actively identifies employee talent, skill, and drive and works to
optimize their potential.
Prepares and justifies occupancy budget, manages expenses, analyzes variances, and
initiates corrective actions and spending adjustments to achieve financial
objectives. Adheres to spending policies and procedures.
Provides technical assistance and support to branch management, and recommends
vendors and best practices in facility management.
Manages and leads change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities.
Other duties as assigned by management.
Skills and Experience of the ideal candidate:
· At least 8 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a food facility. Non-profit experience desirable, but not essential.
· Experience-based knowledge is a significant plus, including regulatory agency dynamics and requirements, facilities mechanical systems, building codes, and other information that is central to making informed decisions on the job.
· Ability to solve problems, manage multiple priorities and move complex projects forward while paying attention to baseline work and deliverables. Must be able to handle interruptions and maintain focus on tasks while producing accurate and high quality work. Develops proposals and recommendations for action, taking appropriate risks to advance the organization’s mission.
· Experience supervising staff, organizing and delegating work, and providing general leadership vertically and horizontally across the organization.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Ability to deliver presentations and to develop reports that may include technical information.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse stakeholders, to work independently, and to work effectively as part of a team.
· Safe driving record, valid driver’s license, current vehicle insurance an ability to use personal vehicle for OFB business. Ability to obtain job-specific certifications.
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office products and Google Suite products.
· Building management and other relevant professional association certifications.
· Technical background via education or on-the-job experience in building systems.
The Fine Print:
Work is typically performed in an office environment using computers and phones extensively. Regularly works in the warehouse and is subject to varying temperatures in all seasons. May lift, move and carry objects from 20-40 pounds on an occasional basis. May be required to work outside normal working hours to accommodate contractors and to minimize interruptions to staff activities during standard operating hours for OFB as a whole. Work schedule may vary and may include work on evenings, weekends, and holidays due to special events, inclement weather, and other projects related to safe and efficient building operation. Occasional overnight travel to attend meetings or to support branch projects. Must have a
safe driving record, valid driver’s license, current vehicle insurance and the willingness to use personal vehicle for OFB business.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position