Post Date: 02/07/2020
Close Date: 02/20/2020
POSITION: Airport Operations Specialist - AIRFIELD
SALARY: $4,577.75 - $6,975.92 Monthly
$54,933.00 - $83,711.00 Annually
CLOSING DATE: 02/20/20 05:00 PM
APPLY ONLINE: https://portofportland.com/Careers
The Port of Portland is extremely proud that PDX has been named America's Best Airport for the past seven (7!) years in a row. In addition to our excellent customer service and efficient passenger movement, PDX has a dynamic airfield environment that also provides access to regional, national and international markets.
The Port is seeking an Airport Operations Specialist to facilitate and monitor the day-to-day airfield activities of Portland International Airport. The successful candidate will demonstrate their ability to respond to operational situations on the airfield. As well, that candidate must demonstrate their ability to evaluate and apply standard operating procedures and resources as required to support the continuous (24/7) operations of Portland International Airport (PDX).
We're looking for someone that will share the Port's commitment to valuing differences among individuals, has a passion for being inclusive and advancing practices, strategies and behaviors that promote inclusion, equity and opportunity for all.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for exercising independent judgment and making prompt decisions that affect airfield operations in line with Port business strategies, policies and procedures.
• Ensure 24/7 oversight of the airfield system for matters of safety, security, efficiency, and customer service.
• Assist in the coordination of activities and efforts to minimize impacts resulting from emergencies, weather problems, construction and maintenance of other irregular situations.
• Conduct airfield inspections to facilitate operational safety and ensure compliance with federally mandated security regulations and compliance.
• Conduct perimeter area inspections of the airfield, ensuring access points and fence line are in compliance with TSAR.
• Evaluate runway condition wildlife/bird strike hazards; issues condition advisories via NOTAM/ARINC and/or verbal communications with FAA, airlines, and pilots.
• Act as primary point of contact for evaluating and addressing unusual airfield issues when management staff is not available.
• Coordinate and communicate with Port departments, contractors, tenants, and federal agencies to facilitate aircraft/passenger movement and aircraft parking during fog, inclement weather, or other irregular airline operations.
• Evaluate and Implement planned and unplanned airfield closures and/or restrictions.
• Mobilize and direct maintenance personnel to address airport deficiencies.
• As required, administer department initial and recurrent training program.
• High school diploma, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience, is required. Bachelor's degree in Aviation Operations or related field is preferred;
• Two (2) years applying directive or regulatory requirements within a dynamic operational environment is required.
• Current knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas at a hub airport is preferred:
• Airfield operations management principles and practices;
• Air terminal operations.
• Direct experience with Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) Parts 139, 77; and, Transportation Security Administration Regulation (TSAR) 1542 is preferred.
• Knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration regulations, safety, and security is preferred.
• Working knowledge of current computer and software applications is required.
• Valid Oregon or Washington state driver license required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrate the Port's commitment to valuing differences among individuals and a passion for being inclusive.
• Collaborate well in a small team environment
• Eeffectively solve problems, while applying complex regulations and procedures under high-pressure circumstances.
• Work with minimal supervision, many times in isolated situations.
• Act independently in creating operational plans and resolving operational impacts.
• Act as a "team player" in promoting the interests of Airport Operations.
• Safely and effectively operate a motor vehicle in the airfield environment.
• Strong organizational skills.
• To meet operational needs, this position may be regularly scheduled to work at least one weekend day per week.
Diversity and Inclusion: At the Port, we don't just accept difference; we value and support it to create a culture of inclusiveness and fun. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EEO/Affirmative Action Policy Statement: The Port of Portland is dedicated to maintaining and improving a work environment, which extends equal opportunity to all individuals, regardless of their race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation. Employment decisions shall be made in such a manner as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity and to comply with state, federal and local laws. We affirm through this policy statement our continuing commitment to the principles of nondiscrimination and affirmative action.
Veterans Preference: Under Oregon law, qualified veterans may be eligible for veterans preference when applying for Port of Portland positions. If you are a veteran and would like to be considered for a veterans preference for this job, please provide the qualifying documents as instructed during the application process.
Background Checks and Drug Testing: The Port of Portland will conduct background checks and/or drug tests for positions where such tests are required by regulation and for other highly sensitive positions.
ADA Accommodation: Accommodations will be considered for applicants or candidates with a qualifying disability that prevents them from participating in this process. Accommodations will be made where the Port can reasonably do so without imposing an undue hardship on the business or compromising the integrity of the recruitment process. An applicant with any disability who believes that he or she needs an accommodation should contact Human Resources at 503.415.6000
APPLY ONLINE: https://portofportland.com/Careers
Complete details: https://portofportland.com/Careers