Post Date: 12/02/2019
Close Date: 12/13/2019
POSITION: Security Operations Data Analyst
SALARY: $62,944.00 - $96,457.00 Annually
CLOSING DATE: 12/13/19 05:00 PM
APPLY ONLINE: https://portofportland.com/Careers
Have you ever wondered what it's like to work at an airport? Been curious to know who ensures the effectiveness of critical airport security systems? If you enjoy using technology and analyzing data to research complex situations, create efficiencies, enhance system effectiveness, and ensure public safety and security, then we may have the opportunity you have been looking for!
Portland International Airport (PDX) is a unique workplace with complex technical systems. Our Aviation Security Operations team ensures your safety and security by managing and monitoring access to the airport for thousands of employees, travelers, vendors and contractors. If you are a detailed-oriented person with strong analytical and systemic thinking skills who thrives in a busy, dynamic work environment, the Port of Portland/PDX could be the workplace you've never considered but always wanted to be.
The Port of Portland is currently seeking a Security Operations Data Analyst to join our team. To see how your skill set matches the competencies and characteristics we look for in employees, keep reading below.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and monitor the functionality of PDX access control systems.
- Ensure access control systems are in compliance with the Airport Security Program, TSA regulations and Port policy.
- Manage access for all PDX badge holders and maintain database to monitor access assignments and produce reports.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding access to PDX in a timely manner.
- Provide accurate information and excellent customer service when responding to inquiries.
- Administer and support Aviation Security analytical tools and internal databases (e.g.,Tableau, Microsoft Office, and SharePoint systems etc) that support business decisions.
- Conduct and present analysis of Aviation Security data including associated risks to high-level stakeholders, including government, industry and Port leadership.
- Lead complex tasks and short and long-term projects for the Aviation Security Department.
- Research, analyze and summarize access control data involving high risk projects.
- Provide accurate information and analytical support to Port projects and project teams.
- Make critical decisions affecting airport security acting as alternate PDX Airport Security Coordinator with 24/7 on-call duties and responsibilities.
- Monitor and track trends in security incidents.
- Create and administer education and outreach programs for badge holders and tenants to enhance airport security and mitigate future security violations.
- Bachelor's degree in aviation, security, public administration or a related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in data analysis, aviation security, or airport operations; or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
- Valid Oregon or Washington Driver license is required within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance for unescorted access to secure areas of facilities is required.
- Working knowledge of aviation security and airport operations directives (e.g., TSA issued national amendments and security directives and 49 CFR 1520, 1542, 1544, 1546.
- Advanced knowledge of the following is required:
- Data collection; analysis and interpretation.
- Applicable federal; state and local regulations.
-AAAE ACE certification at time of hire is desirable.
- Ability to obtain certification within six (6) months of hire is required.
-SQL experience is desirable.
- GIS experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of current Access Control and Identity Management software systems and capabilities.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, conceptual, and systematic thinking skills.
- Advanced skill level in the use of current spreadsheet and presentation software.
- A thorough understanding of aviation security operations, airport operations, and local, state and federal aviation security regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle information with appropriate levels of security and confidentiality.
- Willingness to be an active participant in projects by providing an aviation security perspective to business processes.
- Champion safety as a guiding principle to accomplish work and continuously improve operational excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to show the utmost respect for others and is a proven team player.
- Analyze highly complex technical data and recommend defensible course of action.
- Make recommendations about system functionality.
- Provide exemplary customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage and prioritize complex tasks with little supervision.
- Identify alternatives to achieve desired outcomes.
- Lead work teams and provide effective feedback.
- Effectively communicate with airport tenants, industry professionals. airlines and other government agencies.
- Demonstrate commitment to valuing differences among individuals and a passion for being inclusive.
Diversity and Inclusion: At the Port, we don't just accept difference; we value and support it to create a culture of inclusiveness and fun. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EEO/Affirmative Action Policy Statement: The Port of Portland is dedicated to maintaining and improving a work environment, which extends equal opportunity to all individuals, regardless of their race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation. Employment decisions shall be made in such a manner as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity and to comply with state, federal and local laws. We affirm through this policy statement our continuing commitment to the principles of nondiscrimination and affirmative action.
Veterans Preference: Under Oregon law, qualified veterans may be eligible for veterans preference when applying for Port of Portland positions. If you are a veteran and would like to be considered for a veterans preference for this job, please provide the qualifying documents as instructed during the application process.
Background Checks and Drug Testing: The Port of Portland will conduct background checks and/or drug tests for positions where such tests are required by regulation and for other highly sensitive positions.
ADA Accommodation: Accommodations will be considered for applicants or candidates with a qualifying disability that prevents them from participating in this process. Accommodations will be made where the Port can reasonably do so without imposing an undue hardship on the business or compromising the integrity of the recruitment process. An applicant with any disability who believes that he or she needs an accommodation should contact Human Resources at 503.415.6690
APPLY ONLINE: https://portofportland.com/Careers
Complete details: https://portofportland.com/Careers