Post Date: 12/03/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
TITLE: Mental Health & Addictions Counselor, QMHP/CADC
DEPARTMENT: Old Town Recovery Center – ICM/Wait Team
SALARY: $47,500 - $54,625 Annually/DOE
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
SUMMARY: The Mental Health & Addictions Counselor, QMHP works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team providing intensive case management and integrated dual diagnosis treatment. The team works to address all treatment needs, including crisis management, substance abuse treatment, medication management, physical health treatment, mental health treatment, accessing benefits and entitlements, accessing appropriate and affordable housing.
1. Master's degree in a human services field and one year experience in mental health. Experience
with severe mental illness (SMI) preferred. Must meet State guidelines for QMHP.
2. Has the competencies necessary to:
a. Identify precipitating events;
b. Gather histories of mental, emotional and physical disabilities, alcohol and drug use,
past mental health services and criminal justice contacts;
c. Assess family, social and work relationships
d. Conduct a mental status assessment
e. Document a DSM diagnosis
f. Write and implement or supervise implementation of a treatment plan
g. Conduct and document a mental health assessment
h. Provide mental health treatment and rehabilitative services within ones scope of practice
3. Minimum certification of CADC I required or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire. Mental Health Counselors supervising students must be CADC II.
4. Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
5. Must have current CPR certification or must be able to obtain in one month.
6. If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
7. Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use. Cell phone will be provided by Central City Concern.
8. Must possess a current driver’s license, access to a vehicle, qualify as an Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training. Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
9. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB Test, and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
10. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects.
11. Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
12. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
13. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles and sexual orientations, and treat individuals with respect and dignity.
Check out the full job description and apply at:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs