Post Date: 04/11/2019
Close Date: 04/21/2019
POSITION TITLE: SHELTER RESIDENT ASSISTANT DEPARTMENT: FAMILY & COMMUNITY RESOURCE
OPEN DATE: APRIL 11, 2019 REPORTS TO: SHELTER RESIDENT ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR
CLOSE DATE: APRIL 21, 2019 WORK LOCATION: HOMELESS SHELTER, HILLSBORO
HIRING RANGE:* $13.00 - $14.30 FLSA STATUS: NON EXEMPT
POSITION STATUS: REGULAR PART TIME (RPT) FULL-TIME EQUIVALENT: .25
WORK HOURS PER WEEK: 10 NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
MONTHS ACTIVE: ALL POSITIONS SUPERVISED: 0
Under Oregon statute, after July 1, 1996, an offer of employment for this position is contingent upon the results of criminal offender information record check, and possibly fingerprinting, conducted on applicants for employment in early childhood services agencies. Applicants who have been convicted of certain offenses or who refuse to consent to such background checks will not be hired for this position. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. Continuation of all positions is contingent upon future funding.
*Note on Hiring Range:
For applicants with extensive qualifications and/or years of experience, the new hire maximum rate may be exceeded with the approval of the Director of Human Resources and the Executive Director. If approval is granted, it will be based upon careful review of the applicant’s qualifications, experience, internal equity and budgetary considerations. The final rate approved will typically never be at a rate equal to or above the established market rate for the position.
In support of the Agency’s mission, this position is responsible for maintaining coverage at the Community Action Family Shelter facility in Hillsboro, OR. Duties include maintaining house security, following and enforcing rules of the house, responding to inquiries and emergencies, and working in a collaborative manner with other shelter residents and volunteers. Responsible for keeping records for statistical and informational purposes, the assembly and distribution of emergency food boxes, filing, maintaining chore systems and maintaining inventory.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Provide staff coverage for the Family Shelter by monitoring activities of residents and guests, following and ensuring the enforcement of house rules, securing the house at curfew, and handling emergencies as they arise.
• Conduct screening process for the Washington County Housing and Supportive Services Network.
• Maintain confidentiality when working with clients.
• Assign and monitor the completion of chores by residents including, but not limited to, checking and recording chores, organizing cleaning materials and coordinating special house cleaning projects.
• Communicate problems and status to other staff members with a need to know by recording concerns and/or activities in the appropriate log and during shift overlap.
• File documents and records, assess and maintain inventory and complete other projects as assigned.
• Strictly adhere to all safety policies and procedures at all times and respond/correct any at-risk safety issues immediately.
• Strictly adhere to agency code of ethics and standards of workplace behavior.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs including regular and reliable attendance and adherence to all company workplace behavior standards.
Marginal Functions and Responsibilities:
• Other marginal functions and responsibilities as assigned.
• Education: High School Diploma (or equivalent), or equivalent literacy and computer skills.
• Experience: Minimum of one year of experience working with low-income populations in a social service setting. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Ability to set and maintain professional boundaries with clients.
• Experience working independently or without direct supervision.
• Experience handling emergency situations.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills, including demonstration of cultural awareness and successful interaction with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of community members.
• Bilingual English/Spanish.
• Knowledge of Washington County community resources.
• Office and recordkeeping experience.
• Maintenance and/or housekeeping experience.
• Experience interviewing and/or screening clients.
Required Licensing or Other Special Certifications:
Required Physical Demands of Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Work is usually performed in an Emergency Shelter environment.
• Scheduled work hours vary and may include overnight and weekend shifts.
• Occasional exposure to computer and keyboarding and telephone use.
• Ability to climb stairs on a frequent basis.
• In normal work day, may stand/walk __6__ hrs/day; may sit _2_ hrs/day; may drive _1 - 2_ hrs/week; may use hands for repetitive grasping, pushing and pulling, typing and fine manipulation _1_ hrs/day; may use hands at or above shoulder level for _1_ hrs/day.
• In normal work day, may bend, squat, and/or climb frequently.
• Work is light in nature, lifting maximum of 20 lbs with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 lbs. May carry objects up and down stairs.
• May require walking or standing to a significant degree, or sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling of arm and/or leg controls.
• Ability to respond appropriately both physically and mentally to an emergency or crisis situation such as to provide CPR/First Aid, evacuate a building, etc.
How to Apply for this Position:
To be considered we must receive a completed Community Action Employment Application form. You are welcome to also include a cover letter and resume at your option. Transcripts may be required for certain positions. Applications can be completed on our website: www.caowash.org or you can print off the application to complete or pick up the application form at either of our following locations:
Hillsboro – 1001 SW Baseline St, Hillsboro OR 97123
Beaverton – 5050 SW Griffith Dr, Suite 101, Beaverton OR 97005
Be sure to submit your application in a timely manner. If you choose not to complete an online application, you can send your completed application form, optional resume and cover letter and any other required documents via fax at 503.357.6057. If you prefer to mail your application be sure to mail attention Human Resources at the Hillsboro office address above.
All application submissions will be acknowledged with a receipt notification. If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you.
All current Community Action employees are encouraged to apply for openings at Community Action which they are interested in. For current employees, some qualifications may be met by an equivalent combination or education and experience at the discretion of the employer.
Benefits: This position is not eligible for benefits.
COMMUNITY ACTION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Community Action is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state equal employment opportunity laws. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Complete details: https://caowash.applicantpro.com/jobs/