Post Date: 02/11/2020
Close Date: 02/22/2020
The Oregon Health Authority – the Health Systems Division is recruiting for a Projects Research Analyst (Research Analyst 4) Limited Duration for non-state employees or Job Rotation for state employees position located in Salem, Oregon. This position provides leadership for and to manage the development of two research projects in the Health Systems Medicaid program section of the Health Systems Division (HSD).
What you will do!
You will be leading two major projects in the Health Systems Medicaid program.
Project one - Mental and Behavioral Health Pilot Program authorized by House Bill 2032:
You will be the state level expert providing technical consultation to grantee Coordinated Care Organizations (CCOs) as they develop and complete research into the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) recipients access to Medicaid funded behavioral health services. It will require knowledge of Medicaid eligibility and claims data as well as TANF eligibility data.
Project two – fee-for -service program:
You will deploy the use of a new billing codes tracking database in Medicaid’s fee-for-service program. The new database is intended to track and organize the tens of thousands of rates and restrictions settings that the Medicaid policy unit places on billing codes in Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS). The database will centralize this information for the first time. This centralization is intended to improve fidelity between our policies and the MMIS setting and to make available and searchable the details of who decided these settings and why.
What we are looking for!
Preference given to those with experience and in-depth understanding of the medical service delivery system and billing practices and billing databases.
Additional preference given to those with current demonstrated knowledge of federal and state level Medicaid title XIX and XXI programs.
• A Bachelor's Degree in any disciplines that included six-quarter units in statistics or quantitative analysis methods and procedures, and three years of experience using computerized applications to independently gather, compile, and analyze data and prepare narrative or statistical reports. Two of the three years must have included coordinating complex research projects;
Five years of research experience using computerized applications to independently gather, compile, and analyze data and prepare narrative or statistical reports. Two of the five years must have included coordinating complex research projects.
NOTE: if using education, you must attach all transcripts clearly showing your credits in statistics or quantitative analysis.
• Demonstrated knowledge of national third-party payers, health care delivery trends, and medical technologies and standards;
• Experience using medical expenditure and utilization data to monitor, plan and evaluate the cost effectiveness, access and quality of medical programs;
• Experience analyzing projects and achieving organizational objectives in a team leadership role;
• Experience in advancing health equity, addressing systemic health disparities and collaborating with diverse, vulnerable and underrepresented populations.
To be considered for this position you must complete an online application at: