Post Date: 01/11/2019
Close Date: 02/28/2019
Assistant Kitchen Supervisor
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Code: AKS-199
Seeking an Assistant Kitchen Supervisor to create nutritious meals for the youth living in our ORR and SAGE residential facility.
You’ll assist in supervising the daily operations, growth, and mission of the centralized kitchen in a safe, compliant and cost-effective manner. This includes kitchen planning and development, meal planning, ordering and inventory, health code compliance, and National School Lunch Program (NSLP) documentation. Position works with Food Services Supervisor to oversee and assist cooks with the preparation of meals and ensuring kitchen cleanliness.
As an Assistant Kitchen Supervisor, you’ll play a crucial role in:
• Leading the execution of food preparation according to quality standards, presentation techniques, portion control, and retention of nutrients
• Ordering dry and fresh goods and determine whether food meets quality standards and or needs to be rejected; approve invoices of food delivered.
• Training team in cooking methods and mentor to develop advanced skills
• Preparing and cooking meals for youth created from quality food products
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a commercial kitchen. They will be comfortable working independently and as part of a team. Since some of the children we serve are immigrant youth, an openness to create dishes the are culturally relevant is much appreciated and desired!
Schedule: Day shift, 40-hour work week.
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• 2 years of food service experience
• ServSafe Food Handler Certification (or ability to obtain immediately).
• Understanding of, and competency, in computer skills and some nutrition software programs
• Fluent in the Spanish language, written, read and spoken
• 1 year experience managing and supervising in food services
• Experience and knowledge to maintain kitchen budgets
• Experience in a residential facility
• Experience with NSLP or similar programs
• Pass a DHS criminal history background
• Meet agency driving requirements
• Work 40 hours a week Monday through Friday at the Central Kitchen located in SE Portland with some irregular hours outside of normal business hours.
Benefits and Perks: Extensive benefit package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. Company provided Life and Long-Term Disability. Paid vacation and sick time. Transportation stipend for employees working at our downtown location. Access to employee resource groups and much more!
Assistant Kitchen Supervisor: $15.75-$16.11
Assistant Kitchen Supervisor (Bilingual): $17.17-$17.56
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
• Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference job code “AKS-199” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter. Indicate that you’re applying for the Assistant Kitchen Supervisor position.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/assistant-kitchen-supervisor/