Post Date: 06/11/2019
Close Date: 07/12/2019
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
PROGRAM SUPERVISOR II
This position is a full time salaried position. The schedule is Monday through Friday, 10:00am to 6:30pm, located at an Enhanced Care Facility (ECF) located in Wood Village, near Gresham, OR.
The Program Supervisor works as a member of an interdisciplinary team to implement and monitor treatment for residents living in an Enhanced Care Facility (ECF), while supporting a Trauma Informed Care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required the Program Supervisor II understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. This position involves staff supervision, program operation, and clinical oversight of an established population of individuals with severe and persistent mental illness. The Program Supervisor II assists the Program Manager in planning and coordinates admissions and/or discharges to/from the ECF. Crucial to this position is the close communication with not only QMHA staff, but also representatives from community agencies such as Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Aging and People with Disabilities (APD) and Aging and Disability Services (ADS). The incumbent will work collaboratively with the Enhanced Care Facilities managers/supervisors; however, receive direct supervision from the Program Manager at Riverside Living ECF. The Program Supervisor II consults with inter-disciplinary team members on a regular basis and is a leader in the overall development of clinical formulations and interventions.
- The incumbent must possess a Master's degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university.
- This position must demonstrate the competencies as outlined with OAR 309-016-0005 to become credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP). This includes the ability to conduct a mental health assessment and formulate a diagnosis according to the most current DSM.
- Experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness. A minimum of 1 year of clinical experience providing inpatient or outpatient services is preferred. Experience providing supervision is a preferred.
- Preference is given to those who have experience working with older adults, as well as familiarity or experience working in longer-term care or residential setting is preferred and will be considered over applicants who do not meet this criterion.
- Knowledge of Motivational Interviewing and the components of maintaining a Trauma Informed Care environment
- Understanding of principles of Illness Management and Recovery, and the skills to provide strengths-based services
- Operate Computer hardware and software at a level to effectively perform the job functions
- Possess a valid driver's license, three-year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course, ability to drive program bus as needed (after training).
- Ability to perform CPR, First Aid, and properly use AED equipment. CPR/ First Aid certifications are required and must remain current.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)
Inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org