Post Date: 05/03/2019
Close Date: 05/31/2019
Company Application must be completed to be considered for this position: www.pridedisposal.com
Full time – Driver Manager position
Pride Disposal is a local family owned garbage and recycling company located in Sherwood, Oregon. The Driver Manager will be expected to manage day-to-day activities of all drivers and dispatchers. We are looking for a person who is self-motivated and has strong organizational and time-management skills. The driver manager is responsible for overseeing on-route hauling operations and ensuring all routes are completed safely and efficiently while meeting customer needs.
• Supervise the day-to-day activities of the drivers and dispatch department
• Provide coaching, training, and motivation to new and existing drivers and dispatchers
• Assess work performance – rewarding and disciplining employees
• Maintain positive relationships with and within each department
• Develop and execute safety goals for the drivers
• Conduct on-route inspections and audits to ensure proper work procedures
• Accident and incident investigations
• Utilize industry specific software to analyze driver performance and efficiency
• 2-3 years of management experience
• Proficient in computer applications (Microsoft Windows, Outlook)
• Ability to think critically and problem solve
• Team player with a positive attitude
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Additional skills for consideration:
• Previous experience in the solid waste industry
• Familiarity with routing and logistics
• Overall knowledge of equipment used in our operations
We are looking for a person who will thrive in this position and will fit in with our company culture.
Pride Disposal Company supports a drug-free work environment and requires pre-employment drug screening.
Benefit Package includes:
-Medical, Dental, Vision. Monthly premium is paid by the company for the employee and their dependents. Medical starts on the 1st of the month, following date of hire.
-401k and profit sharing plan
-Paid Time Off
-Company provides continuing education at no cost to the employee
-Wages: Negotiable based on experience. $62,000
Our company application must be completed to be considered for this job. Please do not just send your resume. Application can be found on our website: www.pridedisposal.com
Completed applications and resumes can be emailed, faxed (503-625-6179), or delivered to our office. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8-4:30, located at 13980 SW Tualatin Sherwood Road, Sherwood, Oregon.
Pride Disposal & Recycling Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We believe equity, diversity, and inclusion are critical to our success.
Complete details: https://pridedisposal.com/about/careers/driver-manager