Post Date: 12/12/2019
Close Date: 01/31/2020
41649.00 To 53934.00 (USD) Annually
A healthy community begins at home. REACH provides quality affordable housing and opportunities for individuals, families, and communities to thrive.
REACH is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
This organization believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
REACH owned and managed projects generally fall under three basic programs: REACH Conventional Housing, LIHTC (Tax Credit Affordable Housing) and HUD Program Housing. All Community Manager positions include the duties and responsibilities outlined in the REACH Conventional Housing. Additional qualifications are required for managing LIHTC and HUD projects.
This job description lists separately all three housing program qualifications. The boxes checked below indicate which program(s), job functions and responsibilities this position entails:
REACH Conventional Housing (this applies to all programs)
LIHTC (Tax Credit Affordable Housing)
HUD Program Housing
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
• Manages and directs activities and services in support of physical and financial operations of the property(ies).
• Assists and adheres to organization’s policies and procedures for marketing activities to rent vacant units in a timely manner.
• Maintains and monitors project waitlist per established guidelines.
• Directly responsible for tenant selection and adheres to appropriate tenant selection policies and organization’s applicant screening policies.
• Coordinates resident move-in activities including collecting deposits, completing paperwork and new resident orientation, per organizations policies.
• Collects and monitors monthly rents (resident and assistance payments as applicable).
• Takes appropriate precautions to safeguard all monies received. Posts rents to resident accounts promptly and accurately.
• Prepares deposit and transmits to bank.
• Maintains tenant relations, including responding to tenant requests and complaints and takes appropriate action.
• Makes appropriate referrals to Resident Services; cooperates with Resident Services activities.
• Interacts with various social service agencies as needed and with the Home Forward staff, when applicable.
• Manages unit turnover preparation, repair and maintenance by supervision of the Maintenance Technician.
• Processes resident move-out activities, per established guidelines.
• Responsible for lease enforcement including but not limited to accurate and timely preparation and service of lease violation notices; Initiates and processes court actions and attends court proceedings to facilitate evictions, if necessary.
• Manages maintenance and janitorial activities of building interior, exterior and grounds through the supervision of the Maintenance Technician. Collaborates with the Maintenance Technician and Facilities Manager when complex repair and maintenance projects are necessary. Conducts annual inspections with the Maintenance Technician and the assistance of the Facilities Manager if required.
• Monitors building for safety, security, cleanliness and general good condition.
• Responds to emergency situations and takes appropriate action.
• Ensures compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
• Maintains appropriate paperwork, files and records.
• Completes and submits reports, forms and other paperwork as required. Assists Supervisor and Director of PM with preparation of annual building budget.
• Maintains work area in clean and professional manner.
• Purchases supplies, services and materials, per purchasing policies, as necessary. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Operates from established and well known procedures.
• Decisions are made within organization operating guidelines.
• Performs duties independently with minimal supervision.
• Position involves a moderate degree of complexity in dealing with recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm.
• Work is periodically reviewed by supervisor and verified by administrative employees.
• Errors in compliance requirements could have severe consequences as in the loss of the tax credits.
• Errors may result in incorrectly collected or applied rent monies, resident issues or dissatisfaction, increased unit turnover and negatively impact organization.
This position supervises the Maintenance Technician and Building Monitor and gives direction to contracted on-site security, if applicable. In some cases, may supervise Assistant Manager.
REACH employees are expected and required to behave in a professional and courteous manner in doing REACH business and dealing with other staff, residents, and all contacts inside and outside the organization. Profanity, derogatory and abusive language is specifically forbidden.
Specific Job Skills:
• Knowledge of property management practices including applicable landlord/tenant and fair housing rules and regulations.
• Knowledge of tax credit compliance practices, policies and procedures.
• Working knowledge of basic maintenance and cleaning techniques.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) computer programs.
• Working knowledge of smartphone technology including phone calls, texting, and email.
• Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively with all types of people.
• Basic math, attention to detail and organizational skills.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school education or equivalent.
• Two years related experience required.
• Tax Credit and/or Occupancy Specialist Certification required, if indicated above.
• Trained and knowledgeable in Fair Housing and Oregon Landlord Tenant Laws.
Outside contacts are normally made with rental applicants and some social service agencies and occasionally others outside the organization. Internal contacts occur mainly with building residents, maintenance employees and the supervisor. Contacts are made both on own initiative and at the direction of the supervisor and often concern confidential or sensitive matters requiring the use of discretion. Contacts occur face-to-face, via e-mail and via telephone. REACH employees are expected and required to behave in a professional and courteous manner in doing REACH business and dealing with other staff, residents, and all contacts inside and outside the organization. Profanity and abusive language are specifically forbidden.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires evening and/or weekend meetings and on-call status. May be required to deal with distraught, angry and/or potentially violent people. Ability to walk, bend, stoop climb stairs. Requires sitting, standing, walking for long periods of time. Close CRT work. Vehicle required. Must have valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and readily and effectively communicate. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include ability to effectively see within an office environment, which may include long term computer exposure, and to adjust focus accordingly.
The duties of the job are primarily performed in an office environment. There is some exposure to noise in the work environment, which is usually mild to moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
The company reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship is “At-Will”. The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position